Can't Find Miss Right?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If you can't find Miss Right... you can have mine.  We've been married almost a whole month... getting bored ha ha  :tiphat:

Almost a month? Hmmmm about time for your first Tampo? Lucky guy!

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

If you can't find Miss Right... you can have mine.  We've been married almost a whole month... getting bored ha ha  :tiphat:

Almost a month? Hmmmm about time for your first Tampo? Lucky guy!

What is a Tampo?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Given that fornication is practically the national sport, one will find oneself practically under siege.

So if Miss Right does not happen along, try a few dozen Miss Wrongs! 

Sounds more like settling for "Miss Right Now" than looking for "Miss Right" Hehe

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
What is a Tampo?

Tampo is when a filipina gets upset about something and gives you the silent treatment. Often you have no clue why. It can last for a few hours to more than a day.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

She can tampo all she wants as long as she keeps cooking!  :tiphat:

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

What is a Tampo?

Tampo is when a filipina gets upset about something and gives you the silent treatment. Often you have no clue why. It can last for a few hours to more than a day.

Ah cool. Thanks. Here in Mexico that is called a berrinche. My late wife use to have quite a few of those.

• Like 1

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

Tampo can last days, weeks, .... You basically get a passive-aggressive silent treatment. If it goes on long enough all she will remember is she is pissed at you - not the why. My solution to tampo is tickle therapy.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Tampo can last days, weeks, .... You basically get a passive-aggressive silent treatment. If it goes on long enough all she will remember is she is pissed at you - not the why. My solution to tampo is tickle therapy.

Triple LIKE Coffeehound!

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

What is a Tampo?

tumblr_lduuza8Ibu1qa6o73o1_500.jpg

"Tampo", by Juan Luna, painted about 1900 or so - Luna was imho the greatest painter the Philippines has produced - pity he murdered his wife, but she was being unfaithful to him so he got away with it.

The lady is having a tampo and her lover is applying the correct treatment - lambing or aamuin - gently cajoling her out of it.

This is hard for us to do - my reaction, nine times out of ten, is to treat the tampo as a sulk and proceed to lose my rag. This is incorrect

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

Tampo reinforces the old stereotype that a women's place is in the home - bound and gagged on the living room floor!

• Like 5