How To Get Murdered In The Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Picture of my House in Spain and My Bar next door, notice the Security grills, in Today's world we need them believe me.

security should never be a Lip service but a priority! IMHO post-2148-0-87566400-1414323117_thumb.jp

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I would think one of the fastest and quickest ways to get killed would be to open a Lechon business on the Island of Basilan. If that is not fast enough, call it Muhamed's Lechon.

• Like 1

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I have just discovered how lucky I am. 6 months ago when I started to spend time here in Pasay two trike drivers decided I was a good target. Fortunately they mentioned their plans to one of the other trike drivers who is Grace's cousin. He passed it on and the two guys were spoken to by the family. When 25% of the barangay is the family I am now quite safe. Though I still have to walk about with my 3 protectors.

I have to wonder how many of you guys currently living there feel the need for "protectors" when out of your home?

A couple of decades ago I lived the Philippines for five years. My wife and I still visit every few years and I've never felt like I needed "protectors". I believe I have a good feel for where to go and what to avoid, you know basic common sense stuff. Although oftentimes I have others with me, if I feel like taking a walk on the beach or catch a trike to the market I've never felt the need to bring a few bodyguards. I wouldn't want to live like that. BTW my wife and I plan to retire there in 2014. Maybe it depends a lot on where we choose to live.

How many of you feel like you need "protectors" when you go out?

"BTW my wife and I plan to retire there in 2014"

Hi BulesDude,

Do you realize its already 2014 and in just 2 months and 6 days it will be 2015? You better hurry up if you are moving here this year.

"How many of you feel like you need "protectors" when you go out?"

I don't feel like I need protectors when I go out but when its dark and the drug addicts are out I move quickly and don't wait to get stabbed in the back.

For those who think you are safer living close to your wife's family so they can protect you, I believe if you could check the statics for foreigners murdered in the Philippines most of them were murdered by their wife's or girlfriend's family and there's a simple reason for this. If a strange murders you he or she can only get the money or possessions that you have on you, but if a wife or girlfriend's family murders you then she and her family get everything you have and own. So what if her family seems like very nice people, it only takes one crazy or greedy person to kill you.

You're right Americano, that was a mistake, I meant to write we plan to move back in 2017. I wish it were earlier but we have to keep work in few more years.

I can absolutely assure you though, I'm totally safe with my wife's family. My wife and I have been married for more than 25 years and we knew each other for years before marrying. I know my wife's family very well and love them as much as my own. Your claims may be true for some folks but I believe there are probably many others like me who are perfectly safe with their in-laws.

I also think you're statement about moving quickly in the dark to avoid being stabbed by drug addicts depends a lot on where you live. In our barangay, it isn't really a big problem although like anywhere, you have to be careful around drunks.

Please don't get me wrong, overall I think your statements are valid and are certainly food for thought.

Stay safe amigo. See you in a few years.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes, Americano, many murders are inside jobs for those reasons (that they can get more money from you when you are dead than they can while you are alive).

I used the term protector rather than bodyguard as they are there to protect me from myself.  They all know that if someone tried to rob me I would fight back.  They are there to stop me fighting back and probably being murdered.  The protectors when I spot them are females and kids.  I go for a walk and I am followed by 2 or 3 of the family. I am worth more alive than dead as all my money is sat in the UK which they have no access to.

I suppouse most foreigners are worth MORE ALIVE for the families in the LONG run, because of our retirement pays, because even the lowest ones in "kano countries" becomes much money totaly if the foreigner is alive many years. 

So better try to male sure all family members understand that   :)

• 3 weeks later...
Larry45
Posted
Posted

I think the threat of being murdered by in-laws is way overblown. Of course it has happened but most filipinos are good people and wouldn't murder anyone whether they stood to make a buck or two or not. If you are going through life concerned with your own family offing you for your money, you married into the wrong family.

Exactly, but not every foreigner makes the best decisions with regards to women here.  By my experience and estimations, most of the Filipinas that marry foreigners have a Filipino BF on the side, her "true love."   He's usually involved in the murder, to some extent.  It's not the in-laws, it's her boyfriend(s).  Yes, most Filipino families you marry into will be respectful and appreciative.  Local boys that are interested in, or already dating your gf/wife?  Not so much.   Not trying to be negative or depressing here, just realistic.  

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For all the foregoing, the price is more than right - still free. Methinks one should pay for delicious entertainment in some spots

Then allow me to point out this little bit of screen shot from the index page  :attention:

post-41-0-59526800-1452311146_thumb.png

And then I shall remind people that the topic of "How To Get Murdered in Philippines" has nothing to do with whether or not you make a donation to this forum but donations are a large part of what keeps it running.

And thanks for all the kinds words to our forum members.

• Like 3

RoMac
Posted
Posted

For all the foregoing, the price is more than right - still free. Methinks one should pay for delicious entertainment in some spots

Then allow me to point out this little bit of screen shot from the index page  :attention:

attachicon.gifDonations.png

And then I shall remind people that the topic of "How To Get Murdered in Philippines" has nothing to do with whether or not you make a donation to this forum but donations are a large part of what keeps it running.

And thanks for all the kinds words to our forum members.

Dave, I swear (if swearing is condoned here) you have to be the forum head beancounter, or the Director of Marketing. A small opening presented itself . . . and of course you did not miss it. Fish that I am, I actually walked into that one. But I'm not gonna take back "the price is more than right" because it happens to be flat out true. I mean how much time and money is saved, on the part of a newcomer (a white wetback of sorts?), by perusing highly dependable advise? Heck, a lot of pointers here could even save one's life. So PM the details as to where I can send my subscription fee (haven't decided yet what level).

The subliminal tie in between the thread topic and 'the failure to donate' is . . . pure genius IMO. You're now up there with JP and Jake.

Ron M.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So PM the details as to where I can send my subscription fee (haven't decided yet what level).

All you do is go to the subscriptions link and choose what you want, follow the instructions and once paid you automatically get moved into the correct subscriber group. On a rare occasion this may fail but just let me know is that is the case.

To subscribe, http://www.philippines-expats.com/subscriptions/

No back to getting murdered  :thumbsup: