How To Get Murdered In The Philippines

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
After all "Money is the root of all evil".......JB
Not so much money itself but the "Love" of money.
  • Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl

Hi Carl,

In regards to "not having anything to worry about", well I can only hope, as we all know...., anything can happen here, and usually when you least expect it, but I am trying to stay "out of the limelight" and hoping that will allow me to be around at least until my daughter gets married. ( hopefully that will not be until she is in her mid to late 20's, so only another 20 to 25 years to go!)

Papa Carl

Hopefully I will still be around to accept the invite cheers

Ha believe me, in 20 to 25 years you are all welcome, after all I will need all the help I can get just to get out of my chair!

I have relatives in Runcorn, so maybe it will just be easier to meet you there!

Lets hope that we are all still around for it, and that I have enough money to ensure there are enough San Miguels for everyone.

Papa Carl

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

Here's another way to get murdered. This story only involves Filipinos who could be your relatives and get you involved too.

I few days ago my wife met with a Realtor to look at a house which is for sale. The Realtor told her about a lot in Cebu City that was owned by 8 Filipinos.  Some other wealthy Filipinos wanted to buy the lot and build a Condo on it.  One of the 8 legal owners was a man who had moved away and hadn't been seen or heard from for several years.  The 7 remaining didn't know how to find him so they sold the lot and split up the money in 7 equal parts.  After the new owners built a 30+ floor condo on the lot the 8th owner finally showed up.  The 7 relatives offered to give him 1/8 of the money they received for the lot but he refused to accept it.  He either wants to be part owner of the condo or have the condo removed from the lot.  Well, you know the condo owners don't want him to be one of the condo owners and they are not going to destroy a multimillion pesos condo and the court system is too slow and inept that its useless to take it to court.  This only leaves one option.  According to the realtor elimination of the 8th owner is the only option that will solve the problem.  Like it or not, this is the Filipino way.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl, don't worry about the San Miguels I'm sure all of us will pitch in and buy more beer than all of us old timers can drink.  I'm only 65 now and my wife expects me to live to at least 100 so I will be there.  :cheersty:

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

All very interesting insights.  What about a private investigator???  Are there any who are reliable enough and what is the actual cost if you want someone investigated in Metro Manila?

Rod

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Papa Carl, don't worry about the San Miguels I'm sure all of us will pitch in and buy more beer than all of us old timers can drink.  I'm only 65 now and my wife expects me to live to at least 100 so I will be there.  :cheersty:

Carl, I will have wheels fitted to my simmer frame, that way I will reach the bar quicker.

Runcorn is thirty minutes away via m56 and m53.....

Sorry for going off topic, but it lightens the thread...JB

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

I have just discovered how lucky I am.  6 months ago when I started to spend time here in Pasay two trike drivers decided I was a good target.  Fortunately they mentioned their plans to one of the other trike drivers who is Grace's cousin.  He passed it on and the two guys were spoken to by the family.  When 25% of the barangay is the family I am now quite safe. Though I still have to walk about with my 3 protectors.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have just discovered how lucky I am.  6 months ago when I started to spend time here in Pasay two trike drivers decided I was a good target.  Fortunately they mentioned their plans to one of the other trike drivers who is Grace's cousin.  He passed it on and the two guys were spoken to by the family.  When 25% of the barangay is the family I am now quite safe. Though I still have to walk about with my 3 protectors.

Good post.

That is a textbook answer to the question, "how to live safely in the Philippines"

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

which is why I don't agree with going 2 islands away

• Like 2

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

I have just discovered how lucky I am. 6 months ago when I started to spend time here in Pasay two trike drivers decided I was a good target. Fortunately they mentioned their plans to one of the other trike drivers who is Grace's cousin. He passed it on and the two guys were spoken to by the family. When 25% of the barangay is the family I am now quite safe. Though I still have to walk about with my 3 protectors.

I have to wonder how many of you guys currently living there feel the need for "protectors" when out of your home?

A couple of decades ago I lived the Philippines for five years. My wife and I still visit every few years and I've never felt like I needed "protectors". I believe I have a good feel for where to go and what to avoid, you know basic common sense stuff. Although oftentimes I have others with me, if I feel like taking a walk on the beach or catch a trike to the market I've never felt the need to bring a few bodyguards. I wouldn't want to live like that. BTW my wife and I plan to retire there in 2014. Maybe it depends a lot on where we choose to live.

How many of you feel like you need "protectors" when you go out?

• Like 3