Keeping Occupied During Retirement In Pi........

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Was just thinking what all you guys do to keep your mind active and prevent boredom sitting around in hammocks whilst enjoying your new live in PI?

Most must have had or been professional individuals in the past with active work commitments.  When moving to your new life's there how have you kept boredom at bay?  Is it hard to adjust from the always busy Western way of life?

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I am trying to learn Ollongo, not easy. Most of the time I am happy just to chill or experiment in the kitchen. Maybe one day I'll write that book that I don't want my mother to read.

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted

I usually do a lot of reading (kindle books from amazon are a great thing), then there is home brewing every couple of weeks, and now making some Mango wine. Riding my motorcycle, walking every other day, hanging at the watering hole once a week. Started a blog to play with web site building. I get to harass the local monkey gang a couple of times a week with my airsoft pistol, usually on trash days. Enjoying the wife's great cooking, the awesome weather and generally not stressing about anything.

The key thing is slowing down, but remain active and really relaxing.

• Like 5

davewe
Posted
Posted

Boredom, like most things in life, is a state of mind. If a person is bored when not working, then it's probably not a good time to retire yet. Me? I'm more bored at work, despite a very good job. People say "won't you feel bored not doing anything productive?" Those people are also not ready to be retired. I no longer feel a need to be productive, in the traditional working way of thinking.

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My dad always told me never retire - he said it was too boring.  I assured him that he was bored being retired... but I would be fine.

True statement. Many who are employed are bored with their work so they take up a hobby. I like the line by Ben Johnson (I think), "If you tire of London, you are tired of life."

• Like 2