Is The Philippines For Me

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
First time I ever disagreed with almost every point in a post

This is the first time I can recall agreeing with two totally opposite points of view in the same thread.

You can find places where all of the points in Dolby's post are true.

Where I live, none of those points are true.

So both Bob and Dolby are correct in my view.  Life here, like everywhere, is what you make of it.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know if you live in the Philippines or not?

ALL the above points were collected from this and another Philippines forum but more importantly is what I have experienced after living here and in a big city! God knows what goes on in a province!

I guess those points, and more, are just in my imagination and not posted above or anywhere?

My point is that I don't see all the things you listed nor do I think most members do either... If we did, why would any of us live here...? You didn't specify an area that may be like that but rather alluded to the entire Philippines as being a hell hole and that I disagree with... I find the Philippines to be a fantastic place to live though I have only been to a couple of the bigger cities (i live in Davao as well as having been to Cebu, Manila and area, Cagayan de Oro and Duma) and many of the smaller places so far... Yes, I have seen some of what you listed but only a few at any location... I love it here and that is why I am here in the Philippines... Obviously you didn't and that is why you show as being back in the US... No problem! I just don't like the idea that, should I have read your post a couple years ago, would that have kept me from considering coming to the Philippines? Possibly... So I wanted others to know it's not all as you wrote... Or, in my experience, not even close!

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
(i live in Davao as well as having been to Cebu, Manila and area, Cagayan de Oro and Duma)

:rolleyes:  What! and you did not stop by for a beer. Bad I say BAD! :hystery:

JP

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

(i live in Davao as well as having been to Cebu, Manila and area, Cagayan de Oro and Duma)

:rolleyes: What! and you did not stop by for a beer. Bad I say BAD! :hystery:

JP

Sorry, Jack, it was a business trip... By the time i sobered up, it was time for my flight out! Next time... I promise!

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

A little research can go a long way......Look before you leap.

I'm with Bob on this one, Go to any Asian Country and you will see the downside.

But the City in any western country can be a frightening place!

Each to their own. Give me Philippines instead of New York anytime!

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorry, Jack, it was a business trip... By the time i sobered up, it was time for my flight out! Next time... I promise!

:attention:  You all read this and can attest YES?  :thumbsup:   

JP :tiphat: 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whichever way you look at it, It is not for them to change just for us, It is for us to Adapt.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Whichever way you look at it, It is not for them to change just for us, It is for us to Adapt.

Ah! The wisest words i have heard in a long time!!!

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Very well said Jack!
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Very well said Jack!

post-2148-0-60797800-1440143428_thumb.pn Thank You Richie.   post-2148-0-80508700-1440143479_thumb.jp

JP :rolleyes:

• Like 1