Windows 10. Have You Tried It?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Has anybody gone to the new Windows 10 yet,what do you think of it?

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have considered the upgrade but have decided not to bother. I am running 7 on my laptop, I can get updates for that until 2020. As I use my laptop primarily as my jukebox I tend not to use it for anything online. I use my tablet for everything web based and will continue to do so!

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I have considered the upgrade but have decided not to bother. I am running 7 on my laptop, I can get updates for that until 2020. As I use my laptop primarily as my jukebox I tend not to use it for anything online. I use my tablet for everything web based and will continue to do so!

I agree.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

There are always bugs that have to be considered. I too have Windows 7 the home family version. I'm ok with it for what little I do online.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I think 10 is going to be amazing and I'm anxiously waiting for the roll out to hot my laptop. I have win 7 on one laptop and win 8 on the other and I'm going to upgrade both. I can't wait!

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I think 10 is going to be amazing and I'm anxiously waiting for the roll out to hot my laptop. I have win 7 on one laptop and win 8 on the other and I'm going to upgrade both. I can't wait!

In your case I would upgrade 8 but wait to upgrade 7 until you see how 10 performs. Your decision of course!

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hi one and all ..... sorry for the long delay but we had a lot going on for the past month including the partial melt down of my desktop .... a trip to Manila for business and the purchase of a new laptop with Windows 8.1 ....... which is a whole lot of new learning for me and it is definitely a case of teaching an old dog new tricks ..... but more on that at a later date ....

I am looking forward to the release of Win 10 as it is supposed to take care of all that s wrong with Win 8 and 8.1 ..... as to staying with Win 7 yes it is a great OS BUT if you ever plan on buying a new desk or laptop in the near or distant future be advised you will need to learn Win 10 .... and why not get it for free if you can .... I understand the offer will be good for 1 year and then after that you will need to pay ..... if and when I can get my desktop up and running again I will be switching it over to Win 10 from Win 7 ..... even though I don't have a touch-screen monitor it is way to confusing trying to deal with 2 different OS systems .... but again just a personal choice ..... JMHO

OK back to my learning curve ..... thank god I don't have a lot of hair left to pull out ...... :thumbsup: :hystery:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi one and all ..... sorry for the long delay but we had a lot going on for the past month including the partial melt down of my desktop .... a trip to Manila for business and the purchase of a new laptop with Windows 8.1 ....... which is a whole lot of new learning for me and it is definitely a case of teaching an old dog new tricks ..... but more on that at a later date ....

I am looking forward to the release of Win 10 as it is supposed to take care of all that s wrong with Win 8 and 8.1 ..... as to staying with Win 7 yes it is a great OS BUT if you ever plan on buying a new desk or laptop in the near or distant future be advised you will need to learn Win 10 .... and why not get it for free if you can .... I understand the offer will be good for 1 year and then after that you will need to pay ..... if and when I can get my desktop up and running again I will be switching it over to Win 10 from Win 7 ..... even though I don't have a touch-screen monitor it is way to confusing trying to deal with 2 different OS systems .... but again just a personal choice ..... JMHO

OK back to my learning curve ..... thank god I don't have a lot of hair left to pull out ...... :thumbsup: :hystery:

I have a new desktop with windows 8.1 and didn't like it so I installed (free) Classic shell which improves it a LOT. When I built the desktop I installed an SSD to hold the operating system ....... worth every penny of the $84 I spent. It boots to full desktop in less than 30 seconds.

I'll wait a while before trying 10, my laptop runs on 7 which to my mind is the best windows OS for a long time.

Edited by Curley
  • Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I am running windows 7 pro so far I have found it to be the most stable !

I have downloaded windows 10 ( yesterday ) but it needs a key !!

Have looked on the net to see how I can get a key but no joy !

So I will as of now stick to win 7 pro

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am running windows 7 pro so far I have found it to be the most stable !

I have downloaded windows 10 ( yesterday ) but it needs a key !!

Have looked on the net to see how I can get a key but no joy !

So I will as of now stick to win 7 pro

You could have just clicked on the icon in the taskbar and let microsoft do it all for you but since you have not gone that way here are the keys.  :thumbsup:

Just to add, I read if you are doing an upgrade, not a new instal then you do not need a key but check settings to check if activated. 

Product key to install Windows 10
When you’re asked to enter a product key, please enter one of the following keys depending on the edition of Windows 10 you’re installing or activating.

Windows 10 Home: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4KThese product keys can be used to activate all preview builds of Windows 10 that are officially released by Microsoft, which also means that the key might not work on leaked Windows 10 builds!

Note that the above mentioned Windows 10 product keys work irrespective of the flavour of Windows 10, meaning they support both 32-bit and 64-bit. Just make sure that you’ve typed the 25-character correctly, without any mistakes. Note that all these Windows 10 product keys are offered by Microsoft.
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I hate it.  I hate it I hate it.

I got a virus with it when I downloaded it (found and deleted).  I used one of the product keys like JGF mentioned and it worked, until now, when I get a notice to "activate windows because you are using the wrong product key".

Everything is slower now.  Lots of programs don't work right.

Did I mention I hate it?  But I am still trying as I am thinking maybe its just me. . .  but my opinion so far is I wish i had never started to download it.

PS, been using it for 24 hours now.  Also, when I turned the laptop off one time it took half an hour to start up again due to downloading and installing updates.  since then I have been afraid to turn off the computer

Did I mention I hate it?

• Like 1