Windows 10. Have You Tried It?

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

thanks Jolly but it still wont let me use the keys

I will go back to microsoft and download a iso file instead of using a usb stick

Bobby

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I purchased my laptop at a department store in Philippines, it came with Windows 7 pro already installed.  But it is a pirated copy.

I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using a product key that I found on the Internet.  Now I have Windows 10 Pro as a pirated copy in that I cannot "activate it"  I should have left the Windows 7 pirated copy alone.  Dang Philippines, even the department store sells pirated software, but I already figured out that it was.

So now I am wondering what to do.  How long will this 'pirated' version of Windows 10 Pro work for?  How can I fix it without spending hundreds to buy a paid version with a product key?  

Yes Bob, I know you will reccomend Ubuntu and I just might have to say:  Screw you Windows, I'm going Ubuntu.  But I hesitate to learn a new operating system.

EDIT:  Is it possible and practical to install Ubuntu on this laptop while still operating Windows 10 and have both operating systems on here?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

turn off the dreaded windows updates and it microsoft wont know its a pirate copy !!

As for Abuntu yes I have that also , and I also have android which I love !! and yes on my dell laptop ! I can send details if needed )

I have a copy also of windows 8 but a lot of sotware dont like it so I went back to running windows pro 64bit

which has been the most stable windows I have ever used

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I hate it. I hate it I hate it.

I got a virus with it when I downloaded it (found and deleted). I used one of the product keys like JGF mentioned and it worked, until now, when I get a notice to "activate windows because you are using the wrong product key".

Everything is slower now. Lots of programs don't work right.

Did I mention I hate it? But I am still trying as I am thinking maybe its just me. . . but my opinion so far is I wish i had never started to download it.

PS, been using it for 24 hours now. Also, when I turned the laptop off one time it took half an hour to start up again due to downloading and installing updates. since then I have been afraid to turn off the computer

Did I mention I hate it?

You must have a hacked version of something if it had a virus. Where did you get it?

It is basically a mix of 7 and 8 with many improvements. Better memory management along other things.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
turn off the dreaded windows updates and it microsoft wont know its a pirate copy !!

How do you do that with Windows 10?  Is it even possible? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
As for Abuntu yes I have that also , and I also have android which I love !! and yes on my dell laptop ! I can send details if needed )

What I want is to be sure my laptop will still start if Windows 10 crashes.   So, if you have other operating systems like these, do you get the choice of which one to boot up when you turn on the laptop?

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

herein lies the problem I cant install windows 10 to find out ! I am running windows 7 pro and I have also installed ubuntu to run alongside

it so you can choose which to run from startup. I have now uninstalled ubuntu but still have the disk and the iso file

the Andriod emulator I am using runs in windows.

and apparently a lot of users of windows 10 in the states say its full of bugs !!

so I will wait a bit longer.

Bob

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

While we are on the topic of software does anyone know where I can buy some ram in the Tanauan, Batangas area?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have not seen anything in Win 10 that makes me want to upgrade.  I am on Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop.  Neither use a touchscreen so why do I want it?  I already have to use Classic Shell to make Windows useable - been using it for years.

My wife has Win 8 on her laptop, but since it is a touchscreen it seems ok.  Except when we are not online she cannot even log into her desktop - pretty inconvenient.  Does she have to make a separate desktop for offline use... where none of her apps work?  No, thank you I will stick with Win 7 as long as I can  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I purchased my laptop at a department store in Philippines, it came with Windows 7 pro already installed.  But it is a pirated copy.

I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using a product key that I found on the Internet.  Now I have Windows 10 Pro as a pirated copy in that I cannot "activate it"  I should have left the Windows 7 pirated copy alone.  Dang Philippines, even the department store sells pirated software, but I already figured out that it was.

So now I am wondering what to do.  How long will this 'pirated' version of Windows 10 Pro work for?  How can I fix it without spending hundreds to buy a paid version with a product key?  

Yes Bob, I know you will reccomend Ubuntu and I just might have to say:  Screw you Windows, I'm going Ubuntu.  But I hesitate to learn a new operating system.

EDIT:  Is it possible and practical to install Ubuntu on this laptop while still operating Windows 10 and have both operating systems on here?

Dave ... according to the reviews you should be able to revert back to your old OS with-in the first 30 days if you don't like Win 10 ..... but not sure if that applies to pirated copies ......

• Like 1