Windows 10. Have You Tried It?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My desktop PC just went tits up (after almost 6 years).  So I am looking at new desktops... but only looking at Win 7.   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

My desktop PC just went t*t* up (after almost 6 years). So I am looking at new desktops... but only looking at Win 7. :tiphat:

You should stop reading into the paranoia about windows 10. Do you realize how many millions of people downloaded it in the first week alone?

Sure a few thousand people out of 25 million had some issues. Big deal. Windows 10 is not like other releases as it was treated by millions before release. It is really a bat improvement over 7.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
You should stop reading into the paranoia about windows 10.

Just because you are a proponent of Windows 10 does not mean the opponents are wrong.  Remember, its not paranoia if they really ARE out to get you.  :hystery:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My desktop PC just went t*t* up (after almost 6 years). So I am looking at new desktops... but only looking at Win 7. :tiphat:

You should stop reading into the paranoia about windows 10. Do you realize how many millions of people downloaded it in the first week alone?

Sure a few thousand people out of 25 million had some issues. Big deal. Windows 10 is not like other releases as it was treated by millions before release. It is really a bat improvement over 7.

I have not read any negative about it.  Windows 8 is silly unless you have a touch screen... from the screenshots I have seen of 10 it looks the same.   Just does not fit my needs.  My wife has Win 8 and almost none of my programs work on it (Photoshop, Office etc) and I don't feel like buying new versions of my other programs just for a new Windows version.  If I was on a tablet, sure.  Maybe even a laptop, but on my desktop PC I have no desire to "upgrade".

Markham
Posted
Posted

Do you work for Microsoft?

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
And there are simple ways to monitor or disable the auto updates like enabling metered connection in the network settings.

Guess I'm kinda thick as I can't find this in Network and Sharing Center ...... I don't see anything about metered connections ..... :tiphat:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is a website with the best explanation I have heard about Win 10 Updates .....

http://www.howtogeek.com/223068/what-you-need-to-know-about-windows-update-on-windows-10/

Edited by Mike S

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not really a proponent and I do not work for Microsoft. I just really like it and everyone I know, family and friends who have it also love it.

I really am critical of Microsoft but compared to previous versions of Windows they really did well with this one.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I have not read any negative about it. Windows 8 is silly unless you have a touch screen... from the screenshots I have seen of 10 it looks the same. Just does not fit my needs. My wife has Win 8 and almost none of my programs work on it (Photoshop, Office etc) and I don't feel like buying new versions of my other programs just for a new Windows version. If I was on a tablet, sure. Maybe even a laptop, but on my desktop PC I have no desire to "upgrade".

10 is definitely not like Windows 8. I hate windows 8 with a passion and if windows 10 was like Windows 8 I can promise you I would be here bashing it.

My work is on computers and I'm on them all the time. I would never recommend a system I wouldn't use myself.

I will say though on my home PC I will be keeping 7 because Microsoft stupidly dumped media center and I use it all the time when home in the USA. This is one aspect of the upgrade I'm not happy about at all.

• Like 1

Dolby
Posted
Posted

So far, the only issue I had with W 10 was when I open any image.

The whole screen just keeps on blinking? I rebooted the thing and it's back to normal? What gives?

Mind you, I mainly use the browser. The PC boots up fast though?