Windows 10. Have You Tried It?

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dude, give me a break. I wish I was being paid...

I'm a web developer and spend about 12 hours a day on my computers. I'm just giving my opinions.

I could give a crap what you do. I'm not trying to achieve anything.

Your crazy if you think I would be using this system if I thought my data was being sent like that.

I won't get info details but I do watch movies and I do have some programs that are not exactly legitimate though I do try to pay for my stuff usually. I've had no issues though I've taken steps.

Of course Microsoft grabs some information as they all do. Facebook and Google are much worse in my opinion. I just don't think they are like the nsa.

Edited by Richieboy67

Crocodile
Posted
Posted (edited)
Of course Microsoft grabs some information as they all do. Facebook and Google are much worse in my opinion. I just don't think they are like the nsa.

I agree that Facebook and Google are MUCH worse.  You only have to read the privacy in the terms and conditions to see that Facebook want to know everything you do and Google is more evil than they want you to believe.

Oh, and I have been on Windows 10 for two weeks and find it okay.  A few things seem quicker than Windows 8.1 and I like how it is easier to scroll through open windows.

Edited by Crocodile

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Come on! lets face it, the minuet you arrange an internet address they got you any way and of course they track all ALL these Forums so please don't lets kid ourselves. post-2148-0-18822800-1440762920.png

JP :)   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Come on! lets face it, the minuet you arrange an internet address they got you any way and of course they track all ALL these Forums so please don't lets kid ourselves. attachicon.gifwink.png

JP :) :tiphat:

So true Jack and let's not even get into the Apple os and Android.. The phone is the biggest culprit at invasion of privacy and data mining.
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Quite a lot of people I have spoken with have said they have problems downloading windows 10.I think I will wait until windows 7 is not supported and get a desktop with it on.

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Hey folks I bought four Dell Laptops the other day at the action from one of the universities here. I payed $20.00 each thinking I could send them to the Philippines in a box. The catch is they need hard drives, I was gambling that I could get them repaired and updated cheaper there than I could here. I wanted to give them to family members in the Philippines. 

The models are Latitude XT2, Two Latitude E 6410, And one that just states Latitude with Core i5 Vpro windows 7. 

Any ideas on which of these would be worth getting up and running? How much it might cost to do in the states verses Philippines. 

Or.......did I waste my $80.00, should I trash the whole lot and move on? 

I'm not much of a computer guy, so any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. 

reading about the XT2, it states that it was priced at $3320.00 at one time. I'm sure this is not accurate and that it means nothing now, since technology has exploded the last few years. 

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

It depends on the HD it calls for. Are the PATA or SATA?

Mike S
Posted
Posted
I was gambling that I could get them repaired and updated cheaper there than I could here.

Very true except if you need parts like your HD's and you buy new you can kiss the warranty good-by ..... however there are repair shops here that can get you used HD's and put them in for you pretty reasonable ......

Next question is you are now required to list the total contents of your BB box on your shipping documents (always were but they are going to in-force it now) that and if they do a scan showing 4 laptops they may open your box and some lucky BOC employee will have a Merry Christmas ..... at least all their kids will ....  :mocking:  :mocking: ..... not saying that will happen just be prepared .... worst thing you'll be out $80 plus shipping ...... best thing is you'll make some relatives very happy 

:cheersty:

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I read that windows 7 and 8 will both be getting updates that will track your usage like windows 10. Best to either avoid those updates or turn off the tracking once updated as they will be on by default.

Edited by Richieboy67

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I read that windows 7 and 8 will both be getting updates that will track your usage like windows 10. Best to either avoid those updates or turn off the tracking once updated as they will be on by default.

If you can get us the update numbers, we can watch for them or hopefully delete them if they already slipped by.

• Like 1