Windows 10. Have You Tried It?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

So why do I continue to use Windows ...

Try chrome book

In my opinion Google is way worse than them all at gathering your data.

Thanks for the tip Gerald but Richie is right both Facebook and Google are far worst in terms of collecting personal info ..... PayPal .... Twitter and other social medial programs collect far more info than M$ but it looks like M$ is trying to make up for lost time ..... and just think we are supplying them ourselves with all this personal ammunition ..... 

Here is something interesting I just found out while getting rid of those unwanted up-dates ...... can anyone tell me why there is a large discrepancy between what my Review Update History shows and my Installed Updates .... RUH shows updates that were installed such as recommended ones and gives the date and being successfully download and installed .... were as the Installed Updates (where you can remove updates you don't want) shows none of these ..... even doing a search for the update identification number in the search box they don't show up ..... very strange ... :unsure:

:cheersty:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Many of the stealth updates become hard coded in the OS core files using obscure folder & file names and reg entries. Only MS will know where they are....Oh hi NSA! :3_8_14[1]:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I figured out that KB3080148 & KB3075249 must be real important to to M$ as they keep reapplying them to my up-date list even though I have repeatedly clicked on the don't show these again in the drop down box ..... other updates are not shown again (unless they come back as a different number) these two show up again during the next update .... on both my 8.1 laptop and 7 desktop ..... I'm sure M$ will sneak them in under a different update number ro lump them with another update ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

I do apologize  but this is the best thing that Microsoft has done.  If I was Microsoft I would make Windows unusable if those updates were not installed. I worked for Sega during the Dreamcast days and software piracy destroyed them. You dont want the updates then dont use the OS

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I do apologize  but this is the best thing that Microsoft has done.  If I was Microsoft I would make Windows unusable if those updates were not installed. I worked for Sega during the Dreamcast days and software piracy destroyed them. You dont want the updates then dont use the OS

I'm with ya Malcolm.  I think most of the updates are new security definitions to keep up with the current viruses.  Once in awhile, I'm forced to restore because the updates affected my computer's performance in some way.  About once or twice a week, I would run Spybot and IObit anti-virus/anti-malware software (all free) and then perform a defrag and deep optimization.   

I'm currently using Windows 7 Home premium and will wait for them to iron out the initial bugs dealing with Windows 10. 

Respectfully -- Jake

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I hear now Microsoft is downloading 10 into your PC even if you do not want to upgrade..

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I hear now Microsoft is downloading 10 into your PC even if you do not want to upgrade..

Is that even legal?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Is it activated automatically by Wak Waks?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Is that even legal?

It downloads as a normal update.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-download-windows-7-8/

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Is that even legal?

It downloads as a normal update.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-10-download-windows-7-8/

Thank you for the link Don!  This kind of reminds me of Cybernetics (the movie Terminator) taking over the world eventually.