Lazada

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I always pay with Visa Debit card(Finnish card) and no issues.

I had never used them, so I chose the COD option when I ordered two items.  I received a text msg saying the first item was shipped.  A few days later, I received a txt saying the driver could find the address and they were canceling the order.  The second item was shipped and received okay.  So you may want to consider using COD if you are hard to locate.

Well, I guess our house is not so hard to find. :)  We have used World remit cash delivery also. But I can understand if other places could be harder to locate. I still don't understand how anybody finds anything there without using a GPS, I almost never see street names in the small barangays, but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. :e3358:

My house is very easy to find if their eyes are open. COD for 2 reasons one is that if it goes south all I have lost is time two is that if I use my debit or credit card the cost of the items will go up by about a third which makes the cost inline with what I would pay somewhere else like the airport duty free which I will be in in January.

• Like 2

HikiSpray
Posted
Posted

I had never used them, so I chose the COD option when I ordered two items. I received a text msg saying the first item was shipped. A few days later, I received a txt saying the driver could find the address and they were canceling the order. The second item was shipped and received okay. So you may want to consider using COD if you are hard to locate.

Well, I guess our house is not so hard to find. :) We have used World remit cash delivery also. But I can understand if other places could be harder to locate. I still don't understand how anybody finds anything there without using a GPS, I almost never see street names in the small barangays, but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. :e3358:

My house is very easy to find if their eyes are open. COD for 2 reasons one is that if it goes south all I have lost is time two is that if I use my debit or credit card the cost of the items will go up by about a third which makes the cost inline with what I would pay somewhere else like the airport duty free which I will be in in January.
Well, I never had an issue with higher cost, I always get a fair exchange rate from my bank. They change their rate daily. They however take a 3€ charge but on a 100-300€ purchase I find it neglible. That's my experience anyway. And besides, I prefer to use card before cash anyway. :)
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had never used them, so I chose the COD option when I ordered two items. I received a text msg saying the first item was shipped. A few days later, I received a txt saying the driver could find the address and they were canceling the order. The second item was shipped and received okay. So you may want to consider using COD if you are hard to locate.
Well, I guess our house is not so hard to find. :) We have used World remit cash delivery also. But I can understand if other places could be harder to locate. I still don't understand how anybody finds anything there without using a GPS, I almost never see street names in the small barangays, but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. :e3358:
Well, I never had an issue with higher cost, I always get a fair exchange rate from my bank. They change their rate daily. They however take a 3€ charge but on a 100-300€ purchase I find it neglible. That's my experience anyway. And besides, I prefer to use card before cash anyway. :)

My bank gives me a crap exchange rate and charges for using the card abroad which is why the price goes up considerably If it was the equivalent of 3 euros I could live with that.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

One tip for using Lazada. Look for items "Sold and Fulfilled" by Lazada. You will have "FEWER" headaches for sure. If you order items sold and fulfilled by other sellers, you may or may not ever receive them. If you do choose another seller, look at their ratings and feedback. You will find most issues are for non-delivery. Seems some sellers post their items, and then get cold feet about actually selling them for some reason. But, I have never had any problems for items sold and fulfilled by Lazada themselves. You can find the information on the right side of the screen. See attached pic

• Like 4

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Yes, used many times. Buy a lot from there. I have personally never had a problem with them. Still, YMMV. HTH

Well that`s good to know thanks I think I will use the  COD method because if I use my CC my bank charges big time or maybe I can do a remittance from say a pawn shop.

Your home country does not offer CC with zero foreign transaction fees? In US we have Capitol One CC that does just that, plus others im sure.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes, used many times. Buy a lot from there. I have personally never had a problem with them. Still, YMMV. HTH

Well that`s good to know thanks I think I will use the  COD method because if I use my CC my bank charges big time or maybe I can do a remittance from say a pawn shop.

Your home country does not offer CC with zero foreign transaction fees? In US we have Capitol One CC that does just that, plus others im sure.

They charge us for foreign transactions and the exchange rate is very low

earthdome
Posted
Posted

They charge us for foreign transactions and the exchange rate is very low

I was just approved for a new Capital One card that not only has no foreign transaction fee and their excellent FX rate but also 1.5% cash back on all purchases.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I was just approved for a new Capital One card that not only has no foreign transaction fee and their excellent FX rate but also 1.5% cash back on all purchases.

Earthdome, is that all capital one cards or a special type?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have a regular Capital One card with no foreign transaction fees and  they provide a very good fx rate.

This is a special Capital One rewards card that still has the above plus 1.5% cash back on purchases.

• Like 2

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I prefer the Capitol One Venture card with double miles on every purchase. I put EVERYTHING I can on that card and the miles add up fast with no blackout dates. Buy your airfare then call Capitol One customer service and tell them to use your miles for the RT to the Philippines. Done deal.

• Like 1