Lazada

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I prefer the Capitol One Venture card with double miles on every purchase. I put EVERYTHING I can on that card and the miles add up fast with no blackout dates. Buy your airfare then call Capitol One customer service and tell them to use your miles for the RT to the Philippines. Done deal.

Hmmm...  I wonder if they would let me switch to another card / plan without a lot of hassle.  I have had my CapitalOne miles card for a long, long time and it has been good, but the miles accumulation is not that great now.  A few years back they cut the formula so you don't earn miles as fast.

I'm not sure how it would work out if I have to re-apply for a new one.  I have not applied for any new credit since I retired at age 56, and I have no regular income.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

One tip for using Lazada. Look for items "Sold and Fulfilled" by Lazada. You will have "FEWER" headaches for sure. If you order items sold and fulfilled by other sellers, you may or may not ever receive them. If you do choose another seller, look at their ratings and feedback. You will find most issues are for non-delivery. Seems some sellers post their items, and then get cold feet about actually selling them for some reason. But, I have never had any problems for items sold and fulfilled by Lazada themselves. You can find the information on the right side of the screen. See attached pic

Back on topic, I made my first order on Lazada last night.  I chose COD and as long as that option is available, I would not want to use a credit card.  I'll let you know how the transaction goes.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I prefer the Capitol One Venture card with double miles on every purchase. I put EVERYTHING I can on that card and the miles add up fast with no blackout dates. Buy your airfare then call Capitol One customer service and tell them to use your miles for the RT to the Philippines. Done deal.

Hmmm...  I wonder if they would let me switch to another card / plan without a lot of hassle.  I have had my CapitalOne miles card for a long, long time and it has been good, but the miles accumulation is not that great now.  A few years back they cut the formula so you don't earn miles as fast.

I'm not sure how it would work out if I have to re-apply for a new one.  I have not applied for any new credit since I retired at age 56, and I have no regular income.

I applied for a new Capital One Card on their website. Was approved in seconds. They linked the new card to my login account for my existing Capital One card.

They not only asked for your annual income but also asked how much you had in retirement savings. e.g. 401k Of course they also checked your credit score. If you have been a customer in good standing for a while I see no reason why they would deny you the card.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

One tip for using Lazada. Look for items "Sold and Fulfilled" by Lazada. You will have "FEWER" headaches for sure. If you order items sold and fulfilled by other sellers, you may or may not ever receive them. If you do choose another seller, look at their ratings and feedback. You will find most issues are for non-delivery. Seems some sellers post their items, and then get cold feet about actually selling them for some reason. But, I have never had any problems for items sold and fulfilled by Lazada themselves. You can find the information on the right side of the screen. See attached pic

Back on topic, I made my first order on Lazada last night.  I chose COD and as long as that option is available, I would not want to use a credit card.  I'll let you know how the transaction goes.

My order was late night on the 17th.  LBC had it on Monday the 21st.  I think they made a delivery attempt yesterday, Wednesday.  In the computer it said I asked for the delivery to be postponed.  What?  I called this morning and it was delivered just now, the 24th.  I paid COD.

The product (herbal supplement) appears to be the exact same one that is Amazon.com, but the price was 55% higher than Amazon.  Still, a much better product and deal than I found at GNC and another supplement place in the mall.

Overall I am satisfied and I will order again.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I will be using Lazada next week for the first time and will be using cod. I don`t mind if I have to go to the local LBC to pick it up as I pass the place quite often and it would be easier than waiting in all day.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I will be using Lazada next week for the first time and will be using cod. I don`t mind if I have to go to the local LBC to pick it up as I pass the place quite often and it would be easier than waiting in all day.

It would be nice if Lazada had a special instructions box for things like "Hold for Pickup at LBC Office".

I forgot to mention there was one little glitch for me when ordering.  You must pick a Barangay and I don't have one.  They don't have Subic Bay Freeport offered as a city (technically it is Olongapo City) and they only list barangay choices for Olongapo.  I chose the closest to me.  LBC local staff know the area so when they see my address, they know where it is.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It would be nice if Lazada had a special instructions box for things like "Hold for Pickup at LBC Office".

I forgot to mention there was one little glitch for me when ordering.  You must pick a Barangay and I don't have one.  They don't have Subic Bay Freeport offered as a city (technically it is Olongapo City) and they only list barangay choices for Olongapo.  I chose the closest to me.  LBC local staff know the area so when they see my address, they know where it is.

Well there is only one LBC around here so I should be ok plus many locals know me thanks mate for the input

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I have now used lazeda to buy 2 sets of replacement shaver heads and blades @ 374 a set

cost for original is over 2000 php but are hard to find will just have to see what they are like.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have now used lazeda to buy 2 sets of replacement shaver heads and blades @ 374 a set

cost for original is over 2000 php but are hard to find will just have to see what they are like.

What is it with razors I had to ask a friend to get me some when he went to Cebu city as there are no decent ones around here

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What is it with razors I had to ask a friend to get me some when he went to Cebu city as there are no decent ones around here

OH! you surprise me Kev, I am using "Gillett II" Disposable at 14 peso from Local Sorry Sorry, Getting 3 Good Days and a Crap Start to day 4 But Every other Day it can be a Week so I am happy with That.

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 1