Should Mindanao Become An Independent Country?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I was told previously that Islam is a religion not a government.

There is something called a Theocracy that I think applies here.  Islamic leaders may not be the government but they make the rules that their congregation must obey.  Seems similar to the Pope in Rome during the "Holy Roman Empire".  Not a government, but might as well be.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
OK, you got point and I'll cover your six(s) because I'm a saint protecting their rear.....he, he. Rear Guard.jpg

Jake

Where can one inlist?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jake Where can one inlist?

:hystery:  JB I do believe, you would try anything to get moved over here :thumbsup:

JPpost-2148-0-09328600-1442476738.png

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Those of you who believe that Duterte is the answer do not know that he is in favor of the BBL. He is part Muslim and has welcomed MNLF leader to make Davao his HQ.

He wants Fedralism for the Philippines which will become more of a reality if he is elected president.

Actualy, he is nothing more than a crime fighter and a good one but he sleeps with thye enemy. He knows nothing or very little about world affairs or how to run a country. If electe, he would be manipulated by Muslims. He will not live forever and once he gives away Mindanao, the Muslims can and will concentrate on taking over the rest of the Philippines.

Malaysia along with Indonesia and the other nearby Muslim countries will lick their chops.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Duterte says that the "taxes" paid to the rebels is just the way it is. Just the cost of doing business... pay tax to the government, and the rebels.   He seems to support them.  He will probably end up the President down there if the BBL passes.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's debatable if it would be "giving away" land to the muslims. It was theirs before whole was taken from them by the Americans.

And many Cebuanos have immigrated to Mindanao, pushing away the origin tribes.

So it's the MOROS who fight for THEIR country   :mocking:  of HISTORICAL reasons.

BUT other muslims come from ABROAD to fight of RELIGIOUS reasons  :(

Those of you who believe that Duterte is the answer do not know that he is in favor of the BBL. He is part Muslim and has welcomed MNLF leader to make Davao his HQ.
In youth he was friend with one of the now top leaders in MNLF down there, who said around a year ago they are strong enough to take whole region, but they would NOT take Davao.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Americans?  Wasn't it Spain that drew a circle around the islands and created a new country?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Americans?  Wasn't it Spain that drew a circle around the islands and created a new country?

Quite right but it got messed with, as many countries do, Unfortunately.

JP post-2148-0-59117300-1442490300.png

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes. But either the Spainards or the Filipinos managed to beat the Mors,

it was the Americans.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
There is something called a Theocracy that I think applies here.  Islamic leaders may not be the government but they make the rules that their congregation must obey.  Seems similar to the Pope in Rome during the "Holy Roman Empire".  Not a government, but might as well be.

:89: ​Dave,  it has been a long time since school, but I think there are theocracies around now.  The Islamic State caliphate, Iran, and probably a few more. 

Won't Pakistan when first founded an Islamic theocracy?

European history isn't taught here but was Charlemagne the Holy Roman Emperor? Somewhere I have a notion that That empire was the last remnant or renovation of the western empire, comprising northern Italy and most of France and parts of Germany and Spain.  I'm unsure of this but was there an England then or was it still small kingdoms after Rome left? 

It was prior to the crusades?