Should Mindanao Become An Independent Country?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

If the people were to vote, they would vote to dissolve the ARMM  and  dump the BBL. This is quite  obvious by their response.

GF that is what I am asking, What Response, to what Question and by Whom? Because I don't see anything official from any source on the peoples views at all.

Jack, the people respond on the internet unanimously.  Just check out their response every time the subject comes up in the news. I believe the people do want a say in the matter and threaten to unseat those congressmen who vote to approve it. Some even threaten to hold President Aquino as a traitor by violating the constitution by giving away Philippine land to Muslim minority.

If I believed all on the Internet I would believe that the UK were going to investigate the Internet Petition they say they will. No! For me I can only really go with the Hard core VOTE. It is the Ballot Box or it may be Fixed and even then the ballot box is known to have been tampered with Opinion Polls only Reflect those with an Opinion, not all.

JP :tiphat:

Jack, I agree. So much for believing everything we read. Only recorded history can be verified.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Spanish defeated them too. This is how the Spanish came to chase them back to where they are now.
Well. Retreeting and being defeeted isn't the same   :)

I don't have any fanatic muslims, only kids in muslim-christian mixed mariages, among "My Spies" who tell me about local things in different parts of Phils, so I have only read they don't see it as they were defeeted by either Spainards or Filipinos,

but by Americans.

If you are asking about a signed peace treaty, then no  but they were defeated. Many examples in history of defeats without surrendering. Remember The Alamo? Thousands of Mexicans fought a few hundred Texans and massacred them. Actually killed most of them but the Texans never surrendered.

General Custer never surrendered, either. Just 2 more examples.

But it's a huge difference between defeeted all get killed or surrender

and retreeting still ALIVE not surrendering...   :)

The Filipinos haven't defeeted them now either, otherwice I suppouse they wouldn't offer land to get piece...  :)

Edited by Thomas

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

The Spanish defeated them too. This is how the Spanish came to chase them back to where they are now.
Well. Retreeting and being defeeted isn't the same   :)

I don't have any fanatic muslims, only kids in muslim-christian mixed mariages, among "My Spies" who tell me about local things in different parts of Phils, so I have only read they don't see it as they were defeeted by either Spainards or Filipinos,

but by Americans.

If you are asking about a signed peace treaty, then no  but they were defeated. Many examples in history of defeats without surrendering. Remember The Alamo? Thousands of Mexicans fought a few hundred Texans and massacred them. Actually killed most of them but the Texans never surrendered.

General Custer never surrendered, either. Just 2 more examples.

But it's a huge difference between defeeted all get killed or surrender

and retreeting still ALIVE not surrendering...   :)

The Filipinos haven't defeeted them now either, otherwice I suppouse they wouldn't offer land to get piece...  :)

Forgetit you believe what you want.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If one world leader can say it, why not Others and mean it? post-2148-0-08016800-1442803391_thumb.jp

just saying!  :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Mr. Putin must not need the minority Islamic vote in the next election

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
If one forum member can say it, why not Others and mean it?

I wonder how easy it is to change the words in a quote and make it look like someone said something that they really did not.  Oops.  I just did it.  Must be pretty easy, which is why I don't believe much of what I see on the Internet unless I thoroughly trust the source.

PS.  Snopes says FALSE and them I believe.

PPS.  Yes, JP probably meant it to be cutesy or funny but this ain't the joke forum and Mindanao becoming an independent country will get a lot of search hits.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

PS.  Snopes says FALSE and them I believe.

WHAT! You mean we can't believe what we pick up On FB? :hystery:  Crisky man, so Einstein is not dead? :1 (103):

Is there no end to this unpleasant day or is it  just my turn in the post-2148-0-75137900-1442810024_thumb.jp again  :rolleyes:

I take the Point but it was taken from a Source (Well a Person I can normally trust) but Hey Ho I got it wrong

but it does ring some truth on the matter. Yes?

Edited to make my excuses  :)

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

usa32
Posted
Posted (edited)

Honestly. The only answer, is to get US involvement at a higher level. You get the Philippine military and US special ops and you go down and you clean house, you hunt out the extremist and you bury them.

To let them know the Philippines will not allow you to setup shop down here. Then and only then will Mindanao be a safe place for foreigner and Filipinos alike.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a will. Even though most Filipinos I talk to, and see on facebook, seems to hate the Muslim extremist as much as foreigners do.

Edited by usa32
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Honestly. The only answer, is to get US involvement at a higher level. You get the Philippine military and US special ops and you go down and you clean house, you hunt out the extremist and you bury them.

To let them know the Philippines will not allow you to setup shop down here. Then and only then will Mindanao be a safe place for foreigner and Filipinos alike.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a will. Even though most Filipinos I talk to, and see on facebook, seems to hate the Muslim extremist as much as foreigners do.

I agree with your assessment, USA32.

So why is it the Manila government is unwilling or unable to take decisive action?

For the most part what we see is appeasement with random ineffective piecemeal military activity in that small PAF members are ambushed or never follow through on successful actions.  

Is it the groups have "something" on the Manila government. Payoffs? More Likely votes or other support for the corrupt ones?