Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Reminds me, we asked them to widen the bathroom by a half meter from the plan. Went away for the day, upon return the whole side of the house was widened, lucky just 1 block high.

I bought a 99 peso Class A Chinese tape measure. And a spirit level maybe 200 I paid. I keep them handy. Even now as we are about to start I am going around measuring, soring the data in my head. No point in making plans and drawings for those who can't read or interpret them.

Jack. Me and Gina do the staking as a guide to the workers. At least they can't go over/under on that.

The other think to watch very carefully whether you do the contracting or the Foreman does it. You have to make sure the "excess" materials at the end of each working day, don't get taken off the site. Keep doing a personal inventory on the bags of cement for example.

In the most extreme example someone close by will suddenly decide to have a concurrent project. Usually trying to get the excess (eg mixed cement, sand and gravel), at the end of each working day.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Reminds me, we asked them to widen the bathroom by a half meter from the plan. Went away for the day, upon return the whole side of the house was widened, lucky just 1 block high. 

I just said in your other Topic I would change the Engineer, When ours did the set out staking I should have had alarm bells ringing.

I asked where shall we put the Ballast and Stuff, Oh in Front by 1 meter of the Last Corner Stake. OK Delivery comes and to make sure I have it Tipped 1.5 meters in front of the said Stake. Come Start day he blows a fuse at the Foreman because the loads are too near the Staking.

Transpires he had Forgotten to Include the 1 Meter Overhang of the Terrance and Roof. So Re stake. But if this Problem had not arisen with the Load of ballast, My House would have been 1 meter wrong all over.

now if we can't even trust the Engineer WTF? :no:

Jack :unsure:

But it's OK cos this is not considered Stress

Edit to have a little wind up  :hystery:

Exactly what we did Jack, we terminated him sadly to late. Fortunate to have a very capable foreman whom was able to organize l labour and advise us what to buy.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well maybe slightly Off Topic but Last night we decided to try the lights, Seems to be OK so a few Photos of things that were a nightmare but went OK in the end. post-2148-0-73337300-1444970205_thumb.jp post-2148-0-54485700-1444970230_thumb.jp post-2148-0-11649500-1444970259_thumb.jp post-2148-0-03948700-1444970284_thumb.jp

Guess I will put the Rest elsewhere so we don't go off Topic, Just showing Work After the Sparkies cock ups.

Jack :thumbsup:

OH! I Forgot one and I do like this one.post-2148-0-05111800-1444970669_thumb.jp

Edit to put 1 more Photo in Sorry all  :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Looks good Jack, do you rent out rooms or has the family already sorted those.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Looks good Jack, do you rent out rooms or has the family already sorted those.

:hystery:  Sorry  but post-2148-0-04963200-1444973538.jpg

Jack post-2148-0-46421500-1444973578.png

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thats a big place Jack, what size lot is that, and that looks like a good guard dog on the front porch

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thats a big place Jack, what size lot is that, and that looks like a good guard dog on the front porch

Thank's Steve the House is 140 Mtr sitting on 500 mtr Lot this is Midnight she can be Mean at 1 year old ( Yesterday) 

She is one of Four we have Patrolling at Night but sleep most of the day.

post-2148-0-92494400-1444980117_thumb.jp post-2148-0-87224600-1444980148_thumb.jp post-2148-0-40048200-1444980180_thumb.jp post-2148-0-63027900-1444980208_thumb.jp

Dogs are a Must if you want to sleep sound at Night

Jackpost-2148-0-09651900-1444980249.png

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Thank's Steve the House is 140 Mtr sitting on 500 mtr Lot this is Midnight she can be Mean at 1 year old ( Yesterday) 

She is one of Four we have Patrolling at Night but sleep most of the day.

attachicon.gifHouse Front.jpg attachicon.gifMidnight Birthday.jpg attachicon.gifDogs Sleeping.jpg attachicon.gifDogs guard of Honour.jpg

Dogs are a Must if you want to sleep sound at Night

Jackattachicon.gifwink.png

Is it really necessary to have guard dogs Jack? Would not of thought your location to be a high crime area, perhaps your looking at prevention. We installed motion sensor lights and cameras, mulling over to buy a dog, an American Pit was suggested. I have not had to much to do with dogs, except being kept awake by constant barking.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is it really necessary to have guard dogs Jack? Would not of thought your location to be a high crime area,

Drugs galore, Break ins are Regular and My next Door neigbours son was shot only this Monday. during a Drugs raid. Yep Prevention is the name of the Game. each to our own But.................Dogs trained right will only Bark when they need to. That is what they are For.

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2015/October/13/negor2.htm#pagetop

Jack :)

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2