Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
We drop down to Raon. Which is just north of the Quiapo Church. Home of Class A,
:hystery:

I take it you mean a Class"A" bike club member and not a Substance :mocking:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Since we have veered so far, I just have to share a story about why I reacted to power tools the way I did.

I had been visiting the Phil for 20 years and thought (even with monitoring this board for a year before moving) I had a handle on life here. Our plan was to tear down the 60 year old house (1st story cinderblock 2nd wood) she grew up in and build new. We had plans and permits, the whole shebang. We got a demolition guy to bit the demo. Nice young man, spoke good English, dressed nice, drove an SUV, had a business card and I thought "this won't be so bad". Bid was finalized and a date set. 

The day came and 4 scruffy guys in shorts, flip flops, 1 claw hammer, 1 breaker bar and 2 eight pound sledge hammers with PVC pipe handles. I went "WTF where is the crew????" Well they tore it all down in about a week, truck came in and took the salvage but can you guess how they got rid of the rubble?? Two guys in pedicabs hauled it off in rice bags. 8 or 10 bags a load. Have no idea where they took it and I didn't ask :hystery:  :hystery: .

Right then I knew I was going to be in for a wild ride :cheersty:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Right then I knew I was going to be in for a wild ride

Luv it Luv it :thumbsup:  Just don't understand how some don't listen. post-2148-0-74202100-1443955189.png

Jack :)

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Going to post a couple of pics to show the result of the struggle as close to finishing. maybe one of the mods can advise on this link or a fresh link.

Believe me its taken its toll.  Although not a perfectionist I do wish everything to be done correctly and tidily.

Is it to much to ask? 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Although not a perfectionist I do wish everything to be done correctly and tidily.   Is it to much to ask? 

Certainly not but getting people(tradesmen etc) to Listen, is another Story :)

Jack post-2148-0-52532400-1444007018.png

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-04063500-1444008227.gif Not Totally in line the the Original Start but very much in line with

Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept. I find the After Build issues to be somewhat Trivial by the Authorities.

When we put in for our Occupancy Certificate, up came the City Engineers to do the Inspection, most things went OK. Build to Plan Good, Electrics Good, Plumbing Good except we have an Outside tap not on the Plan?  ER so what? well sir it should have been noted But said I, it is where you told us to put the Incoming valve so it is making Optimum Use of the Inlet Area. :rolleyes:

Then he goes on about the wall, It was Planned at 2 meters, you have it at 2.6 and 3 at the Rear. YEP and we have had some pretty dodgy things going on at times so I am just Securing my family and Property.

No! I am not greasing your Palm, We will go to City Hall and Discuss this with the City Engineer. OH!OH! no need for that Sir, it has not altered the House as per plan but Added to your Security, I will Pass it for Occupancy.

You just Gotta be one step ahead of these Guys post-2148-0-63014400-1444008804.png

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
done correctly and tidily.

construction methods here is the proof of the old adage about watching sausage being made :1 (103):

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
But I tell you what, obviously your not going to believe those of us who have actually built homes here (or any other myriad sorts of projects).
Well. I DO believe BOTH

/several have done as you say and got ok work done

/as well as several have done as you say and been scamed...  :)

What I'm saying is I will not agree to pay anything in advance (except what they can need for costs THEY have to do the work. Plus I will feed them during they work). Do you mean all builders have so much work, so they can say No to geting a HOUSE build work paid for done work at Fridays?    :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

@ To them, who said it can't be done as I wrote: 

This why we ( Azon) paid direct the Worker on Hours[Days] Worked then she knew where we were, The Foreman was paid the same way
they work Mon till Wednesday get 3 days salary, work Wdnesday until Saturday evening receive 3 days salary. If they miss a day it's docked.

So it seem possible to do as I want  =No advance pay  ...   :)  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So it seem possible to do as I want  =No advance pay  ...     

Possible but Improbable

Jack :tiphat: