Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Chris thanks your comments it helped me. Just back from a very heated discussion with fat shop owner and his wife. From what the poor woman told my partner most of the problem revolves around el fatso using the business money for gambling on the cocks, hence short cuts with his work.

I remembers the comments when they blame the builders.....bottom line is window installers measured and made window so the buck stops with them....

Pity the poor wife as its a family business how ever quality must come first. Time will tell, we made her write down all our complaints, she admitted it was unacceptable.

RBM well that`s a start getting somebody to take responsibility here is as rare as rocking horse poo. In my opinion what these people (some of them) need to remember is that it is our money they are messing with and I personally would not pay for crap work no matter what the excuse they give. I hope you can get it sorted mate

Thanks for the thumbs up and spot on. Told them very firmly not a single peso more going to be paid until it's sorted. I totally agree nobody can ever say sorry I screwed up, just some other guys fault never mine.

Feel sorry this poor woman but business is business.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Chris thanks your comments it helped me. Just back from a very heated discussion with fat shop owner and his wife. From what the poor woman told my partner most of the problem revolves around el fatso using the business money for gambling on the cocks, hence short cuts with his work.

I remembers the comments when they blame the builders.....bottom line is window installers measured and made window so the buck stops with them....

Pity the poor wife as its a family business how ever quality must come first. Time will tell, we made her write down all our complaints, she admitted it was unacceptable.

Where they get us foreigners is that most of us are soft hearted. To be totally hard arse is against our nature. Notice they already got your deposit and already spent it. Now the guys who suffer are the laborers, paid below minimum wage, perhaps on contract for the work. No travel allowance, no food allowance, so naturally we cover that. That's our nature and has come to be normal practice here in the Philippines.

It's like the carpenter or mason who quotes you eg 400/day for labor....250/day for the helper. So you pay 650 to the carpenter. But the helper only shows now and then, while you are forking out the 650.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
As Chris stated above, 50% down is normal.

But how could the gambling with the business money make any ECONOMICAL problem concerning the installing of YOUR windows? Did you pay the INSTALLERS anything before the work is DONE?

chris49
Posted
Posted

Bit of news from Gina, using creative thinking. Looks like we are going Cubo style, partial bamboo over the cement posts and partial walls, on our extension.

Will be a new topic with pictures.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)

But how could the gambling with the business money make any ECONOMICAL problem concerning the installing of YOUR windows? Did you pay the INSTALLERS anything before the work is DONE?
Normal practice is 50% down. Think it's fair, after all they custom make your windows. Edited by RBM
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Normal practice is 50% down. Think it's fair, after all they custom make your windows.

Yes. But if I understood corect the Window makers and the installers are DIFFERENT.  The window makers did corect, while the installers didn't.

The installers DON'T need any pay before they have DONE the work...

RBM
Posted
Posted

Normal practice is 50% down. Think it's fair, after all they custom make your windows.

Yes. But if I understood corect the Window makers and the installers are DIFFERENT.  The window makers did corect, while the installers didn't.

The installers DON'T need any pay before they have DONE the work...

WRONG makers installers same same.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Normal practice is 50% down. Think it's fair, after all they custom make your windows. Yes. But if I understood corect the Window makers and the installers are DIFFERENT. The window makers did corect, while the installers didn't. The installers DON'T need any pay before they have DONE the work... WRONG makers installers same same.
Same COMPANY?

Or same 50 % in ADVANCE?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Same COMPANY? Or same 50 % in ADVANCE?

You're making guesses and assumptions for no other purpose than to get the last word in, or so it seems.  Your point has been made and answered.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Same COMPANY?  Or same 50 % in ADVANCE?

You're making guesses and assumptions for no other purpose than to get the last word in, or so it seems.  Your point has been made and answered.

Realy?

Perhaps it's my missing English knowledge, but for me

WRONG makers installers same same.
has a DOUBLE MEANING

/same company?

/or same 50 % in advance undepending of if it's making a special order product or just install it?

That's why I asked  :)