Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Seems if one is a nice guy one will pay heaps and receive crap, or is this just my isolated experience,I think not.

No RBM, you will find that we all will, have a few stories but in the main I think we can all agree, you get what you are willing to pay and How, many times, and always it is about Money. If the Terms they want to work too are not met you can almost Guarantee Sloppy Work.

On your Particular issue I think they just tried it on and met their match.

JMHO of course.

Jack :tiphat:

Must take you to task here Jack.

We employed the top plumber from city hall whom did our work, top dollar paid.

My partner moved in a few days ago, I was away, at 4am she heard strange noise. Checked to find kitchen flooded, all wood planks destroyed and must be replaced. Is anybody responsible, hell no, not my fault...We have since found out some of his work was done by the son, probably the pipe fitting that burst. They say faulty pipes......

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Seems if one is a nice guy one will pay heaps and receive crap, or is this just my isolated experience,I think not.

No RBM, you will find that we all will, have a few stories but in the main I think we can all agree, you get what you are willing to pay and How, many times, and always it is about Money. If the Terms they want to work too are not met you can almost Guarantee Sloppy Work.

On your Particular issue I think they just tried it on and met their match.

JMHO of course.

Must take you to task here Jack.

We employed the top plumber from city hall whom did our work, top dollar paid.

My partner moved in a few days ago, I was away, at 4am she heard strange noise. Checked to find kitchen flooded, all wood planks destroyed and must be replaced. Is anybody responsible, hell no, not my fault...We have since found out some of his work was done by the son, probably the pipe fitting that burst. They say faulty pipes......

That's Tough mate sorry to hear this but it just goes to Emphasize the need to be on Site as much as Possible.

I had the same or similar problem with a Welder and his nephew. While we were in Cebu overnight  he let the Nephew Loose and Burned Terrace Floor Tiles and Wall Pillar Bricks but as you say, OH! Don't know anything, like we Had 3/4 Welders Yeah  :unsure:

Morning All  :morning1:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

What I have observed is that most workers here have no pride in their work and will produce a substandard job even when you pay top dollar.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-2148-0-83507300-1444273845.gif Here I sit most definitely scratching  something.

I have a pretty good Electrician here who does know what he is doing but I question his Preparation and Material order. He is cabling up my Perimeter Fence for Lighting. Yes he is using The right Conduit but has spent most of the Morning Heating and bending the Plastic to fit. OK where it needs Bending I can understand, But why? I ask my self did he not buy Elbows and Flexible for the neat corners and Areas that required it. OH! I forgot when I went to Town. So rather than take a 20/30 min Trip and get what he needed NO! I will just waist time doing it with cardboard and Flame, Don't even have a small gas Gun

Resting my Case on this, I can tell the OP that after 18 months we are still waiting for the Window Fitter to come and Finish the Sealing of the CR Windows ( Both CR's)

Now it has Started to rain and I think it will be in for the rest of the Day, I will loose more time through "Inefficiency" of Supposedly Trained & well paid Tradesmen  :1 (103):

Jack :unsure:

:hystery: Don't even ask why I had to Edit.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm always late to the party...!

From listening to what everyone had gone through here, you can almost pick out where they live... It seems some areas all work is shoddy and other areas it's a 50/50 shot... I was going to move to Cavite but I decided not to... One of the reasons? Real bad workmanship from most of the trades there... Instead I'm going to stay here in Davao (with the most amazing woman ever!) and eventually build... I'm learning who to trust or not trust where construction is involved... Got my door and window guy picked out after seeing his work... And, with the weather we're having? I think I'll be doing a lot of the work myself... Dirt bag house!!!

:D

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Got my door and window guy picked out after seeing his work..

Hmmmmmmmmmmm Yes we have been there. Just make sure it is Him that does the work and not the son or nephew.

Jack! post-2148-0-25632300-1444284276.png

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifScratch head.gif Here I sit most definitely scratching  something.

I have a pretty good Electrician here who does know what he is doing but I question his Preparation and Material order. He is cabling up my Perimeter Fence for Lighting. Yes he is using The right Conduit but has spent most of the Morning Heating and bending the Plastic to fit. OK where it needs Bending I can understand, But why? I ask my self did he not buy Elbows and Flexible for the neat corners and Areas that required it. OH! I forgot when I went to Town. So rather than take a 20/30 min Trip and get what he needed NO! I will just waist time doing it with cardboard and Flame, Don't even have a small gas Gun

Resting my Case on this, I can tell the OP that after 18 months we are still waiting for the Window Fitter to come and Finish the Sealing of the CR Windows ( Both CR's)

Now it has Started to rain and I think it will be in for the rest of the Day, I will loose more time through "Inefficiency" of Supposedly Trained & well paid Tradesmen  :1 (103):

Jack :unsure:

:hystery: Don't even ask why I had to Edit.

I know exactly where your coming from Jack.....very frustrating, as another poster said, pay top dollar receive shoddy workmanship. Most important hold something back....

Good luck with current project.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now I/we know that this Topic Started by RBM was about his Windows but the very Title "Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept". to me just about covers most if not all things we experience when doing our Build, So with RBM's Permission can we carry on as we are here? because it could be a long running one down to you RBM  :thumbsup:

For Instance, as you may have Read we are now doing the Perimeter wall Electrics for Lighting and a Couple of Outlets here and There.

I said Where you need because of Flower beds and Ornamental Things wifey has had put in, go ( Conduits) on top of the Wall behind the metal spiking (That is on our side) so it can't be seen from the Other side and clamp it all, the Rest can Go Underground 3" deep minimum and Concrete mix over then Re topsoil, easy? No! I will just let you see me do a Mix and then do it my Way, Found out though cos the Dogs have scratched it all up, they just love the Bright orange colour of Plastic Pipes. 1" under Top soil. OK now done but at this time he is now doing what we said and clamping the Pipe on the top of  Wall every 18 inches and not every  1 metre he thought was good enough.

my maid  said he thinks we Foreigners are too Strict and want too much Done, I have just told him that if he did not keep taking days off he might have time to do the Job Properly as requested.

So it goes on and on, As I said before, He is a Good Sparkey but needs Monitoring on Stocks and things and Supervising on the Dirty Work.

I think that is it for Today :tiphat:   For Tomorrow is another Day and who knows what that will bring?  post-2148-0-21747400-1444293011.png

Jack  :thumbsup:

usual spelling edit :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson

RBM
Posted
Posted

I think if the mods are OK we let the thread run. With all the tips and experience contained here in its bound to assist anyone whom is compile tasting building..( was going to say, anyone silly enough...)

Remember the best advice I ever had, THERE IS OUR WAY AND .....THERE WAY

Unless one is there (as Chris says) 100% of the time guess which way?

But it sure frays the nerves being there on a continuous basis.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

We start Phase 2 next week. Uncle Mutt and Jeff on the job again.

Selling 2 pigs Tuesday and might hold off until the following Monday.