Some Of The Crap We Are Expected To Accept.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was in construction for many years. A couple of years ago I was asked to think about taking it back up over here well I went on 1 job and after 1 day said no way will I give myself a heart attack with these people who don`t listen and Fork everything up.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

We start Phase 2 next week. Uncle Mutt and Jeff on the job again.Selling 2 pigs Tuesday and might hold off until the following Monday.

Good luck Chris, from your posts you know exactly what to expect unlike us.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I was in construction for many years. A couple of years ago I was asked to think about taking it back up over here well I went on 1 job and after 1 day said no way will I give myself a heart attack with these people who don`t listen and Fork everything up.

So true, my biggest problems were ...there way.....my way....unless your around its their way.

Never taking responsibility never admitting we screwed up as in never......nobodies fault ever..sorry can be the foreigners fault that's OK.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

So true, my biggest problems were ...there way.....my way....unless your around its their way.

Never taking responsibility never admitting we screwed up as in never......nobodies fault ever..sorry can be the foreigners fault that's OK.

What you have written is the story in a nutshell. My mum used to say well who is not me I don`t know him/her

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Well one thing for sure, if and a big if ever I was thinking of building a house in the PI, after reading these posts it sure has put me off even considering the prospect. I had built a few houses in my past life and that was bad enough, here sounds like your worst nightmare, thank to all for being so honest and frank, maybe I will just buy a place, in her name of course.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well one thing for sure, if and a big if ever I was thinking of building a house in the PI, after reading these posts it sure has put me off even considering the prospect. I had built a few houses in my past life and that was bad enough, here sounds like your worst nightmare, thank to all for being so honest and frank, maybe I will just buy a place, in her name of course.

Yeh Chris but even buying a new house you can come across shoddy workmanship. Catch 22 I am afraid.I think when I build I will have to be on site all day every day or do the work myself.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Yeh Chris but even buying a new house you can come across shoddy workmanship. Catch 22 I am afraid.I think when I build I will have to be on site all day every day or do the work myself.

Yes I realise that, as I said in a past life I built a few houses, on one I went to check the house with the site foreman and somehow the brickies had built a wall that wasn't in the right place or even on the plans and that was just the start. Have a friend that paid 7mil pesos for his house and from what I have seen inside and out, the workmanship seems to be top class.

chris49
Posted
Posted

We start Phase 2 next week. Uncle Mutt and Jeff on the job again.

Selling 2 pigs Tuesday and might hold off until the following Monday.

RBM
Posted
Posted

We start Phase 2 next week. Uncle Mutt and Jeff on the job again.Selling 2 pigs Tuesday and might hold off until the following Monday.

Look forward to regular updates Chris, best of luck.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Semi relevant. My experience and that of others remind me of a sign I saw once at a car repair garage: 

LABOR RATES:

$10 an hour

$15 an hour if you watch

$20 an hour if you HELP!!!

• Like 4