Hospital Visit

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm having a hard time phathoming any hospital sending you home without 1st establishing your O2 level. If tips are blue, that's a "Red Alert"

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 5

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, thanks

I'm not a smoker. I'll post a cost report later.

I feel a little better today but my nails are still blue. I slept better last night though and was able to breath better. The problem I've been having is getting a deep breath.

At the hospital they next did an oxygen test on my finger.

BTW. We went to St Cabrini because it is right down the road from me. It probably isn't the cheapest place here.

Thanks so much guys, appreciate it.

Rich

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Sleep apnea, affects people who are grossly overweight. Dismiss that.

Sounds like asthma. Any history of that? Any audible wheezing?

No history of asthma and no wheezing but the air quality around here is not so good.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Our thoughts and prayers are with you keep us posted please.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Our thoughts and prayers are with you keep us posted please.

Thank you, that is very kind. I'll post updates.
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Hey Richie best take it easy old son, get your tests done, then find a nice quiet place place to sit and relax, best of health to you. :cheers:

Quiet place? Where to find such a place?

Yes Richie I would take it easy on the exercise until results come in. Keep us all posted here and best wishes.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks, I was just saying to my wife I probably shouldn't hit the weights today. I hate missing my workouts but as long as it is only a day or two it's OK.

I have my ac and my headphones so quiet is not a problem. :)

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
Sleep apnea, affects people who are grossly overweight. Dismiss that.

Well, I'm not a doctor but you are correct in as much that being grossly overweight is one causing factor of sleep apnea.  However, it does affect any body type.  I know several people that are skinny with sleep apnea using cpap.  But I sure there are many more fat people with sleep apnea.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I am not sure on this but I thought sleep apnea is basically when you stop breathing during sleep?

My issue is not being able to get a deep breath even when awake but it also effects my sleep.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

For the most part it is pretty quiet here at least compared to the bamboo house we were staying in for my first 2 months here in the Philippines.

We still get the fireworks, chickens and dogs and we can't forget the kerioki but our apartment is built with cement so most sounds from outside are not so loud. The sound of the ac blocks it out as well.

The rain though is another thing all together. A steal roof and rain are not a good mix. When it pours here I cannot even hear the TV.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1