Hospital Visit

chris49
Posted
Posted

Here is Mrs F, a Nurse. Hello Ritchie, I bet as a nurse that you have a cardiopulmonary issue that requires immediate assistance!! Based on your symptoms If I were you I would go back to the Emergency room and demand  oxygen and immediate evaluation by a doctor. Refuse to be sent home cuz you might not wake up anymore since oxygen level even drops down when you are asleep. What was your oxygen saturation and heart rate per minute?  You are worrying me actually. How long have you had this symptoms?

Although I agree somewhat. His hypoxia is intermittent so reporting to the hospital for oxygen doesn't seem to address the underlying problem, unless the hypoxia is present at the time he reports. A possible option is to go to a government hospital for confinement (free) and getting orders from the attending physician for a referral, (not free) and most likely to a cardiologist.  You may be referred for an echo and pulmonary function studies (not free) but they will tell you where to go to get it done. That is avoiding frequent visits or confinement in a private hospital.

Not sure how long Richie has been here waiting for his wife's visa, 7-8 months? If having any medical insurance it might be the time to go back to USA.

And reporting to a hospital where there is no cardiologist, no echocardiogram, also doesn't reach the underlying problem. And Richie has no health insurance applicable in the Philippines.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I got the X-ray results and it says suspicious density in the left lobe. They recommend another test which I think is an X-ray from another angle.

From what I gather my blood looks ok.

Strange how they just hand me an envelope with results. I'm supposed to see the initial doctor I saw again on Thursday.

Perhaps I will go to the government hospital next week if its cheaper. So far I've spent about 8,000php for consult, X-ray, blood test and EKG.

BTW, symptoms have just started recently and I can actually feel something in my lungs, almost like a cold or something. Hopefully it is just some kind of infection. My life is just starting to get good. I'm very happy with my new wife.

Thanks for the advice, etc. Not much I can do for the moment.

I've been here for just over 6 months.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
Perhaps I will go to the government hospital next week if its cheaper. So far I've spent about 8,000php for consult, X-ray, blood test and EKG.

What I meant is if you are admitted. Gov't hospital doesn't do any of the stuff you need (at this point).

Next Thursday is too far.  Go sooner. I'm sure the Dr. will take you as a walk in because you have the results in hand.

8000 is reasonable so far.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
BTW, symptoms have just started recently and I can actually feel something in my lungs, almost like a cold or something. Hopefully it is just some kind of infection.
You told you use ac. Many get flue or even lung problems by ac.  

What they saw in the lung, can it be water (fluid)  ?

Such make there will be less oxigen in the blood, because you can't breed proper. An other sign of that is you can't breed deep.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
you can't breed proper. An other sign of that is you can't breed deep.

I know this is a serious subject but this statement is so cute.  If R's only problem is his breeding he will be fine.   :hystery:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/breeding

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

you can't breed proper. An other sign of that is you can't breed deep.

I know this is a serious subject but this statement is so cute.  If R's only problem is his breeding he will be fine.   :hystery:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/breeding

:)   I don't claim I'm good at spelling.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I discovered my heart condition through very similar symptoms... The basic symptoms were similar to having pneumonia... Mild during the day but, when lying down and trying to sleep? It was like having a heavy rubber sheet over my head... I couldn't breath!!! And yes, blue fingertips... Turns out it was congestive heart failure... Caused by arrhythmia... But the first 3 times I went to the ER, i was told it was pneumonia... Have them X-ray your heart AND have a cardiologist read your strip... It's an easy fix but it can kill you if not treated initially!

Did you have the suspicious density things as well!

What was the fix?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I discovered my heart condition through very similar symptoms... The basic symptoms were similar to having pneumonia... Mild during the day but, when lying down and trying to sleep? It was like having a heavy rubber sheet over my head... I couldn't breath!!! And yes, blue fingertips... Turns out it was congestive heart failure... Caused by arrhythmia... But the first 3 times I went to the ER, i was told it was pneumonia... Have them X-ray your heart AND have a cardiologist read your strip... It's an easy fix but it can kill you if not treated initially!

Did you have the suspicious density things as well!

What was the fix?

I had exactly the same as you... My heart was so filled with blood and congestion around the heart, it was backing up into my lungs!

• Like 1