Hospital Visit

Thomas
Posted
Posted
At any rate I'm thinking something I ate here may have contributed to this.
That wouldn't suprise me, because many Filipinos have high blood pressure.

I suppouse their frequent frying of food contributes to the problem.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I did have a bunch of fried stuff last week and one day all I ate was fried saging(banana).. That could be what made the left side of my heart swell.

My concern now is my lungs. From what I read most people with tb cough and everything and I have nothing. Still I cannot breath as i normally do so if not tb and if the X-ray is clear than what is the cause?

In the USA we have tb test that is just a few needle tips in your arm. After a few days if they turn a certain a color you have it. Not sure why they did not do that for me if they suspect it. She said my lungs sound normal though so who knows. Am better but still having some trouble getting that deep breath.

Edited by Richieboy67

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I did have a bunch of fried stuff last week and one day all I ate was fried saging(banana).. That could be what made the left side of my heart swell.

My concern now is my lungs. From what I read most people with tb cough and everything and I have nothing. Still I cannot breath as i normally do so if not tb and if the X-ray is clear than what is the cause?

In the USA we have tb test that is just a few needle tips in your arm. After a few days if they turn a certain a color you have it. Not sure why they did not do that for me if they suspect it. She said my lungs sound normal though so who knows. Am better but still having some trouble getting that feel breath.

Bad effects of fried food ISN'T that fast. Such depend of LONG time clugging of the blood vessels.

If the heart work bad - FOR INSTANCE by clugged blood vessels in the heart MUSCLE, you can get fluid in the lungs.

TB is something NOT related to clugged blood vessels.

We are telling different POSSIBLE reasons for your symptoms. The hospital need to check WHICH it is by tests. I hope they have found it soon.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Well I just got the results back from my number 2 X-ray and it says no infiltration found so I guess that is good. I could not see the doctor though because she was not there.

So I don't have tb but I still don't know why I can't breath. Feels pretty bad today. I also an still not sure what the deal is with my heart hytrophy. It is very hard to get answers here.

As for fried food yes it had long term effects but if you eat enough in a short time you can also have immediate effects.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I feel like I need an asthma inhaler or something. Can that be gotten here entity a prescription and will it help?

chris49
Posted
Posted

I feel like I need an asthma inhaler or something. Can that be gotten here entity a prescription and will it help?

Salbutamol 100 mcgm per inhalation (aks Ventolin) 2 puffs three times a day from Generics Pharmacy. 80% will not be helpful unless you hear wheezing.

250 pesos. Worth a try for 2-3 days.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Well I just got the results back from my number 2 X-ray and it says no infiltration found so I guess that is good. I could not see the doctor though because she was not there.

So I don't have tb but I still don't know why I can't breath. Feels pretty bad today. I also an still not sure what the deal is with my heart hytrophy. It is very hard to get answers here.

As for fried food yes it had long term effects but if you eat enough in a short time you can also have immediate effects.

I don't think it's related to what you are currently eating or may have eaten before.

You still need a CT scan of the chest and something called a VQ lung scan.

Don'r you see the main Doc tommorrow? Don't mention any of that, see what he comes up with. I have no doubt yoiur Doc is competent, but I don't know what resources he has there in Tananuan or Sta Rosa which is getting closer to Manila.

You better proceed with what he says.

Echocardiogram is another one, probably will be requested.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Instance companies can no longer deny due to preexisting conditions.

They cannot deny you treatment once you have paid and they issue you a policy.

They can require a physical exam and they can refuse to issue you a policy.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They cannot deny you treatment once you have paid and they issue you a policy.

Would there not be a waiting time Like 6 months or something before a Claim?

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I know someone who was having severe lung problems all of a sudden. Turned out the underlying cause was very bad acid reflux which was getting into his lungs. Treating the acid reflux helped him a great deal. It took almost 6 months before he found the right doctor who recognized this as acid reflux related. Until that treatment for acid reflux he had been on oxygen for many months. In his case he had a history of asthma.

• Like 2