Hospital Visit

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the words Jack. :)

Oh well, I just checked my insurance and I don't have it any more anyways. I can enroll again though in 19 days ago I suppose I could possibly purchase as plan that will cover me here.

I'm really not ready to leave but I was planning on visiting the USA in November anyways.

I'll just have to see what the cardiologist says and find out if this is something that can be treated.

I know I'm starting a support healthy diet today, no coffee, low salt, etc.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'll just have to see what the cardiologist says and find out if this is something that can be treated.

Lets hope so.

But having had a friend treated for a similar ailment, in Philippines, I would not blame you for heading back to the US for treatment.  There are ways for low income people to get treatment there.  Not so, here.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm worried if I need assistance here. I'm not even sure if I could get an ambulance. Is there even an emergency number?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I'm worried if I need assistance here. I'm not even sure if I could get an ambulance. Is there even an emergency number?

Ring your hospital and ask them for an emergency ambulance number and also your advising doctors number, just to be on the safe side.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

my BPM was 37 .... after checking it several times and walking around the house i could not raise it

I know its off topic but you need to know:  My doctor in Canada said that I can quickly raise my blood pressure, in emergency situations like that, by simply drinking a glass of salted water.  Keep it in mind.  Salt water followed by a cup of strong coffee will usually get it up high enough to go for a doctor visit.

BPM=Beats per minute hence the Pacemaker. Mike has a pulse oximeter which measures 02 saturation and heart rate (BPM)

There is no BP 37 unless the patient is in a coma dying.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
BPM=Beats per minute

Oops, good catch.  I thought that was an extremely low BP and that is why I made the comment.  

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'll just have to see what the cardiologist says and find out if this is something that can be treated. I know I'm starting a support healthy diet today, no coffee, low salt, etc

What about the primary problem, the lung lesion? How about the hypoxia, the blue fingernails?

You can't pick up insurance now and backdate it to a pre-existing illness. If in fact you have insurance in the USA, you better go there now.

LVH, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy is also a secondary diagnosis. There must be an underlying condition. However, you said you lift weights. Weightlifters, cyclists, rowers, do get LVH, enlargement of the ventricle with thickening of the wall.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well it is a suspicious density, not a legion and it could be related to what the EKG showed.

My nails are OK now and my breathing is ok right now. I guess I'll find out more when I see the doctor. My weight lifting could have something to do with it but I'm not sure. Hopefully they can do something for me here.

As for picking up insurance, i was talking about getting coverage in the USA using the affordable Care act but finding a policy that would cover me here. Instance companies can no longer deny due to preexisting conditions.

Thanks

Edited by Richieboy67

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Here they expect you to pay cash right there if you have no insurance. I hear in some cases they don't even let you leave the hospital unless you pay the bill.
They can't force you to stay without breaking the law, IF you haven't any EXTRAS as a private room.

NOTE!  Some hospitals count divider sheets as "private room" !!!  :th_unfair:

my BPM was 37
Off topic.  

Low BPM can be a sign of GOOD health   :)    = high heart CAPACITY, so it DON'T NEED to beat any more often.

The lowest I have heared of (except yogis) is 29 BPM (The Brasilian football player Falcao).

The world champion in long distance skiing Gunde Swan had 34 when he was as best.

((When I were in hospital after I had knee surgery 1.5 years AFTER I had stoped exersising, a nurse got shock/suprise   :)  when I had only 33 when she checked us the day after surgery, so she rechecked it, but it was corect.  I didn't know I had that good heart capacity, but it wasn't surprising, because during we did interval exersises in the football team, we were suppoused to reach over 120 BPM, but I had no chance to reach that, although I did run much faster than the others, the max speed possible without crashing into the walls.))

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Here is my latest update.

I went to see the cardiologist with my X-ray, EKG and blood work.

She told me the hytrophy was caused by my blood pressure being high in the past. Years ago I did have high blood pressure and I took meds for it but many years ago and I did not think it ever got that high.

At any rate I'm thinking something I ate here may have contributed to this.

She told me the rest of the EKG is normal as is my blood work and that would indicate a further issue with my heart.

As for my X-ray she scheduled the other X-ray which I took and will get the results tomorrow. She said here in the Philippines when they see that type of X-ray it often means turbiculouses. She said though my lungs sound clear and my heart sounds ok so she hopes the other X-ray will be clear.

I'll see her again tomorrow and will know more after the next X-ray. She said turbiculouses treatment means 6 months of antibiotics. I'm hoping it's not that.

More soon guys, thanks for everything.

• Like 3