Hospital Visit

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mate, I am a CCU Nurse, I know all that. Didn't I say CHF secondary to atrial arrthymia? Atrial fibrillation is what you are talking about, I did not say that earlier because there are a few different ones PAT, SVT and so on. Paroxysmal Atrial Tach and Supraventricular Tach as well as AF, Atrial Fib. 

I will wait for the report on Richie before commenting further.

I said Richie's ECG would be normal, I'm sticking with that.

What you are saying is that he had x ray findings and symptoms similar to yours. But at age 48 CHF, Congestive Heart Failure would be rare.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Even when they do not agree, its great to have a panel of experts on the forum.  Its always good to see other reasonable, justifiable opinions so good job guys.

Richie, I hope it turns out to be a bad cold but be sure and keep us updated as this progresses.  :cheersty:

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

i really don't want to start posting yet but this is i believe important ...... first off you health and life is worth more than short cutting it because of money ...... you need to find a competent hospital and dr. ...... from my own very recent experience .... like for the past 3 weeks ..... while my problem is not the same as yours could end up being as critical as mine ..... 

you can read about my first experiences on my postings here ..... now for the second .... after being released from the first stay i bought a blood pressure cuff .... oxi-meter (O2 +  BPM) and blood sugar testing kit ..... now at this point i need to explain i have never experienced heart palpitations .... chest pain ..... dizzyness or any signs of heart problems and i'm 70yo ..... overweight ..... hypertension and diabetes ...... none of which i knew about 2 months ago ....

i began recording my vitals 2 times a day ..... readings stayed normal with my medication and with my heart rate running about 57-62 at rest ..... one morning i got up and took my regular readings only to find my BPM was 37 .... after checking it several times and walking around the house i could not raise it ..... remember ..... no dizziness .... chest pains or anything ..... i decided to go to the hospital again ..... even with an IV and meds to raise my BPM .... under direction of my cardiologist nothing changed it bounced between 30's and 50's and would not stabilize .....

in the ER the dr. and my cardiologist spoke oh me getting a pacemaker ..... my cardiologist was very concerned so i was admitted to a private room with a private nurse ..... later that day my cardiologist said she wasn't comfortable with my condition and wanted to transfer us to Riverside Hospital ICU as there was a surgeon who could perform the surgery there but was in cebu until the next evening ..... she also recommended a temp. pacemaker to be inserted in case i needed it ..... but with out an xray machine the dr. trying to put it in couldn't .... he tried for almost 1 hour ..... the next evening i had the dual permanent pacemaker installed .....

so why this long rant ..... simple ..... don't take a chance on your health ..... regardless whither you fit into the typical stereo type or not there are cases of folks as young as in their 20's having heart problems ..... just remember i should have shown symptoms but i didn't .... we all aren't the same .....

good luck ..... but for heavens sake find out what is wrong by a competent physician and hospital ......  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
my BPM was 37 .... after checking it several times and walking around the house i could not raise it

I know its off topic but you need to know:  My doctor in Canada said that I can quickly raise my blood pressure, in emergency situations like that, by simply drinking a glass of salted water.  Keep it in mind.  Salt water followed by a cup of strong coffee will usually get it up high enough to go for a doctor visit.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks,

I just got my EKG results. I'm not sure what it means but I have an appointment tomorrow with a cardiologist. Was up all night last night, hard to get a deep breath.

232f73e6283586ebcc2167d76fb154b9.jpg

If you can read it please tell me what it says. [emoji1]

Ok, I know what it says now. The last word is hytophy or something. Still researching.

Edited by Richieboy67

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Sinus rhythm means a normal heart beat, both with respect to the heart rate and rhythm. Heart rate will fall between 60 and 100 beats per minute. The shape of the electrocardiogram (EKG) tracing will exhibit certain key attributes to be considered normal, as discussed below.

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is a condition in which the muscle wall of heart's left pumping chamber (ventricle) becomes thickened (hypertrophy). Other conditions, such as heart attack, valve disease and dilated cardiomyopathy, can cause the heart (or the heart cavity) to get bigger.

These are the results from google

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Not good.. I think I'm going to have to go to the USA for treatment. I just can't afford it here unless they would send me a bill and let me make payments.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not good.. I think I'm going to have to go to the USA for treatment. I just can't afford it here unless they would send me a bill and let me make payments.

Richie Sorry to sound Confused but if it is only about Money and you can't afford it here, How are you going to afford it in the US Surely if you have Insurance it will be covered here. Or am I missing something ? + the Airfare added.

Whatever Hope things turn out OK in the End.

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Richie Sorry to sound Confused but if it is only about Money and you can't afford it here, How are you going to afford it in the US Surely if you have Insurance it will be covered here. Or am I missing something ? + the Airfare added.

Well I cant afford it in the US either but I have insurance there.

Here they expect you to pay cash right there if you have no insurance. I hear in some cases they don't even let you leave the hospital unless you pay the bill.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I cant afford it in the US either but I have insurance there.

Here they expect you to pay cash right there if you have no insurance. I hear in some cases they don't even let you leave the hospital unless you pay the bill.

So what is all this I hear about Buy US Type Insurance, seems silly to me that you cant get your claim paid wherever you are. After all you are the Insured Person, OK if your Policy Stipulates you be in the US why can't you get the Policy Rights transferred here, Seems to me many others do or say they Do. As to the prisoner effect that is totally illegal and we have had many discussions on this. You Normally Give a Down Payment then sign a waiver for the rest to pay later so you can get your insurance Stuff together, Now I hope that someone here and I know a few have had this, will Help you, In fact why not Drop Mike "B" a PM and ask, as he had an enormous bill and he had what I would have thought is some type of US Insurance. Now I may be wrong here but I tend to think that the Hospital Admin Office should be able to Help you here, That is their Function.

Your Situation is not Unheard of in the PI and I have a friend Recently 2013 late, Had Triple Bypass done in Cebu so Coronary issues can be dealt with. 

Richie, where there is a will there must be a way and as you have already got Insurance in the US To me something should be able to be Done. I mean none of us can be ill just where the Insurance Companies tell us to be ill. Otherwise why do we pay Insurance?

Don't be put off with threats from the Hospital, they know what they have to do and recent legislation has addressed this.

Yes of course it is a Business but Life is life and in this case your life Pursue all angles my friend, Please.

Jackpost-2148-0-11614900-1444635637.png

Edit to edit  :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1