When Do You Start To Beleive

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The one person who never asked for money in all the years we have been together is Emmas dad ,

He does not get a regular income from us but Emma will send this and that for him, and now Christmas is here he will get a large amount of cash but i am sure the family will know this and they will be there wanting to have some of it,

It must be very hard to be there with little cash , and that is why we who can plan for a very long future living on a little amount protect it anyway we can

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The one person who never asked for money in all the years we have been together is Emmas dad ,

He does not get a regular income from us but Emma will send this and that for him, and now Christmas is here he will get a large amount of cash but i am sure the family will know this and they will be there wanting to have some of it,

It must be very hard to be there with little cash , and that is why we who can plan for a very long future living on a little amount protect it anyway we can

:th_thbestpost:  say No more

Jack :thumbsup:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Time for work, may i just add to this, some great write ups on here , thank you , and good day

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Do any of you think like me that some people think you owe them something and it is their right to get money/ goods from us.

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Do any of you think like me that some people think you owe them something and it is their right to get money/ goods from us.

It's called the sense of entitlement, too much of it around if you ask me :bash:

Edited by frosty (chris)

chris49
Posted
Posted

Just roughly, plenty of us live on over/under 50k pesos/month. Which is seen as a big amount. But which is just adequate to maintain a reasonable lifestyle here, barely enough if in Metro areas. There is the thought process that says because you have a "lot of money" you should share it or help us because we are poor.

Same in the dating/courting game. Meet a girl with 1-2 kids, she will be requesting more from you.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife used to moan at me about Sharing. recently she is beginning to understand what I have been saying these last 4 Years, Yep that's nice Sweetheart but when are they going to start sharing with us But Honey (Yuk) they have nothing to share. :hystery:  So now she understands my meaning of  Share and Share alike as we were taught in our early years. 

Edited because

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The daughter analogy is a good one. My teens ask for all kinds of expensive crap. In most cases I say no and say it quickly.
How old is she? Don't she get allowance regularly?

((My parents started early by giving us REGULAR allowance/"salary" for our school "work" plus we were expected to assist some at home, but not much during normal periods.

Per week for small kids, per month when older.

The amount increased by when we got older and were suppoused to cover more of our costs ourselves.

(Small kids was just to cover candy and icecream costs, but of course we could use it to buy some toy if we prefered that  :)

A bit older it was to cover hobby things too including subway and such.

When we started High School we got money to cover our CLOTHES costs too. From that age we were suppoused to cover ALL except food, living space and medical.)

To support saving to substantial things instead of just buy candy, we were offered a "bohnus". = If we saved to HALF of the cost of something expensive, then my parents paid the other half.

Plus they assisted us to get REAL jobs from young age, IF we WANTED to work to earn extra, and if we didn't found any ourselves.)

I will sure try to implement something similar for my future kids. 

It's pretty obvious there are a lot of good and generous members here. I am not one.

My belief is do not make it easy for them. As an example one of our employees recently came cap in hand begging for financial help as his child was admitted with dengue fever. First a loan, next please buy my land any price and so on. Of course we want to help but as I figured it's easier to come requesting money than go through the hoops. So what did I do.

I agreed advance the 13 month and instructed them to go to every government department asking help as no more from me.

Result was, money came from DSWD, the mayors office, Red Cross and some other departments. Further a large discount was negotiated at the hospital. Admittedly, I did send a very switched on local with the Father to assist dealing with each agency.

Moral is don't make it to easy.

Didn't he have PhilHealth through the employment??

Or was it PhilHealth which made the "large discount"?  I don't know if there are local differences depending of handler, but the cases I heared of PhilHealth paid uncommonly BIG part for dengue (but not for part for some chosed extras as for instance private room).

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I look at it as the OFW mentality.  The responsible people go OFW and send money home.  The country is full of people acting like unsupervised teens.  Money magically appears.  So when we show up it is like the family won the Kano Lottery.   (I am generalizing,to make a point)

I had to assure her family they did not win the lottery with me ha ha.  Once my wife saw how much it cost to live, and I let her run the budget, she is on our side.  That is a big help :tiphat:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just roughly, plenty of us live on over/under 50k pesos/month. Which is seen as a big amount. But which is just adequate to maintain a reasonable lifestyle here, barely enough if in Metro areas. There is the thought process that says because you have a "lot of money" you should share it or help us because we are poor.Same in the dating/courting game. Meet a girl with 1-2 kids, she will be requesting more from you.

Not always... Lai has 2 kids... 6 and 3 and only once did she ask if I was OK buying something for her daughter... I had already bought her an ice cream cone on my own initiative.. Lol!

• Like 3