Expats Living In Philippines Having Second Thoughts......

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

To really make it work here, we have to ensure that Meaningful Conversation is daily, otherwise those 2nd, 3rd 4th + Thoughts will come in.

JMHO

Jack :)

Morning All  :morning1:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have been in  Pattaya for 8 years, my s.o is Filipino, so it is logical for us to move to Phils, as going back to Australia is just not

economically feasible. 

There are more logical reasons for us to move to Phils and I have been there many times and quite like the place.  I will have to

adjust to the difference between the two countries, Philippines is clearly behind Thailand overall in living standards, but am doing

a lot of research to determine the best location.

I am looking forward to the change.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I am not having second thoughts about the Phills. I am having second thoughts about the place I live it is so noisy and not just at fiesta time. I will be relocating in the near future to somewhere quieter. 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am not having second thoughts about the Phills. I am having second thoughts about the place I live it is so noisy and not just at fiesta time. I will be relocating in the near future to somewhere quieter. 

post-2148-0-53940400-1456106811_thumb.jp  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My wife occasionally shows interest in going to the US so she can work... so we shall see.... 

Thats an option, send the wife back 'home' to work and send money while we expats continue to live a happy retirement in Philippines.  I know of one retired US Navy guy who does that.  He seems very happy except for the couple of months of the year when his wife comes to visit.  :hystery:

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
One thing I have found is that I am comfortable with me. 'Where' I am is not so important. I was happy in the US, I am happy here. :tiphat:

Very well said.

And that is what it's all about!

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifTent Kevs.jpg  :thumbsup:

What`s the rent on that one?

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

I have been in Pattaya for 8 years, my s.o is Filipino, so it is logical for us to move to Phils, as going back to Australia is just not

economically feasible.

There are more logical reasons for us to move to Phils and I have been there many times and quite like the place. I will have to

adjust to the difference between the two countries, Philippines is clearly behind Thailand overall in living standards, but am doing

a lot of research to determine the best location.

I am looking forward to the change.

You might be surprised. I lived in Pattaya for a year and very much prefer Angeles City. I find the infrastructure to be about the same except for the cellular coverage. My phone is all but useless for data if I'm not on wifi.

Other than that, I've had no trouble with electricty, water, or sewage. Granted, I haven't lived through a rainy season yet.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My wife occasionally shows interest in going to the US so she can work... so we shall see.... 

Thats an option, send the wife back 'home' to work and send money while we expats continue to live a happy retirement in Philippines.  I know of one retired US Navy guy who does that.  He seems very happy except for the couple of months of the year when his wife comes to visit.  :hystery:

That might work!  Best of both worlds ha ha

• Like 1