Honestly, is this the voice of a leader

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I know the people seem to think he is the answer to all the problems but how could a president if he become one go around talking like this? A true leader would never say , go ahead and cut ties to those who are their most important allies. If Australia and the US cut ties the Philippine navy would be back to a single row boat to fend off the Chineze. The next typhoon that wipes out many would have practically no help to save lives so this perhaps incoming president needs to think or have his adviser talk for him as clearly he is not suited to a top job and will easily undo much of the advances the country has seen in the past 5 years.

My opinion above is just that, an opinion that an upcoming president needs to be more practical, level headed and not just a show piece of a tough talking candidate. I have no opinions one way or the other of who is the better candidate.

Now he's saying he doesn't care if the country's relations with its allies are destroyed.

"Go ahead and sever it. If I become the president, go ahead and sever it," he said.

In his rally in Kalibo, Aklan, Duterte again defended his remarks.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/04/21/Duterte-lashes-envoys-womens-group.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3551242/Leading-Philippine-candidate-says-cut-US-Australia-ties.html

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Time for us to all learn to speak Chinese....

• Like 5

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

He's just a thug and Filipinos like thugs.

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Well, pick your poison (or candidate of choice as my wife said)

Blue Blood (Roxas)

Half Blood (Poe)

High Blood (Mariam)

Blood money (Binay)

Blood thirsty (Du30)

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am hoping for the High Blood ha ha

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Is this the same guy that made a joke of a recent foreigner gang rape victim?  He kind of mentioned how beautiful she was and wished he was first?

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted

A thought I have here is if he were to cut ties with the US and Australia, China would be in here and forcibly take over within two weeks. At that point the Philippines would have no one to come to their aid to liberate them. This man would no longer be president and would likely be dead himself. That type of event would likely cause all of us expats to be forced to leave and return to our home countries if it were possible to do so. Also during this transition of government our retirement deposits to local banks would be stopped and we really would be in a world of hurt.

Nephi

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

We have Donald Trump here to compete with Duterte for Best Leader. Neither of which think before speaking. Trump would probably cut ties with every country. Not sure how Trump would handle all the immigrants in the states, both legal and illegal. 

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

We have Donald Trump here to compete with Duterte for Best Leader. Neither of which think before speaking. Trump would probably cut ties with every country. Not sure how Trump would handle all the immigrants in the states, both legal and illegal. 

EZ build a bigger wall.........Mexico is paying :56da64adacf47_23_11_591:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Lets not get into US politics as it isn't allowed ..... we all have our own favorite and choices ..... the Phils is a different ball game as we can't vote or make a choice anyway .... :cornflakes:

• Like 3