Honestly, is this the voice of a leader

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Back to the original theme of the post, everything I am seeing and hearing is saying Duerte and there appears a big gap  to 2nd.

There will always be Lemmings, I hope for the Populous sake he does not turn out to be the "Pied Piper"

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling LOL

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2016 at 5:29 PM, robert k said:

Maybe the question is if you are near the bottom rung, would it change your life at all? Those people might be willing to experiment. There are a lot of people in the Philippines you would have a hard time convincing that they had something at stake. It is hard to control people who don't believe they will lose anything no matter what they do.

"The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James A. Baldwin.  Nearly all Muslim terrorists are recruited from the poor or prisons.  I worked with people who were very well off before radical Islam took over their countries.  I saw pictures of how modern and westernized Lebanon, Iraq, Iran and even Afghanistan were before the late 1970's.  All of the well educated (doctors, engineers, etc) people fled those countries once the Imams and Sharia law took over. The only people left were the poor and uneducated, easy prey for radicalization.  I worry about that happening here, if not for the popularity of the Catholic Church, the Philippines would all be overtaken by the Moro's and Abu Sayyaf.