Honestly, is this the voice of a leader

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am not supporting anyone either...but I may have a preference.  Too bad she is doing so bad in the polls ha ha.  :tiphat:

Good point. If you are talking about Poe, according to what I've read, she is not too far behind. If you are talking about the other "she", she may endorse someone and just drop out. I hope not because I kinda like her spunk. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

That is how Communist revolutions begin. When the poor greatly outnumber the rich and the middle class has shrunk. The Philippines is ripe for a drastic change in government. 

I could deal with an inept communist government. I actually don't think very much would change from how it is now.

Only the leading sled dogs would change. You know what they say about sled dogs? If you are not the lead dog, the view never changes. If you have different lead dogs, the view might be only slightly different, but that spot just under the tail might be ever so slightly fresher.:1927_:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2016 at 2:38 PM, robert k said:

Ed, do know about the schools. My GF had a young'un that I was paying for him to go to school...until GF's mom started diverting the money from the school and they told me the cost had doubled. I'd have given them the money if they had asked. I didn't like that they had repurposed the boy's tuition and then lied to me to get more money to replace it. I saw a limitless future of lies and I bowed out.

Sad but not uncommon.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

We have only been in Phils a few days but from conversations with taxi drivers (by SO) it seems there is a strong undercurrent by the poor for Duterte.  I know it is only a small random base, but the polls seem to be saying the same thing.

But like as has been said in other posts, will it really make a difference for the poor and uneducated - I doubt it.

I went for a walk and walked through a local barangay this morning (got lots of strange looks) but lots of 'hellos' also, was quite an experience.

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was having a chat on Sunday night with an acquaintance, a Canadian who is a university lecturer here. He showed me a rubber bracelet he was wearing with Dutertetheman on it. "You'll know more about this " said he, then asked me if I knew who this guy Duterte was.

He had be given it by a group of mutual friends, OFWs that I would think of as middle class professionals. So support for the man would seem to come from more than one level of society.

Edited by not so old china hand

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, not so old china hand said:

He had be given it by a group of mutual friends, OFWs that I would think of as middle class professionals. So support for the man would seem to come from more than one level of society.

My wife's brothers are supporting him including the one who is a New Zealand citizen.  And I think my wife's sister in NZ, also a NZ citizen, is supporting him.  Not sure if they can vote if they are NZ citizen??  One brother is educated but probably considered lower class, and the others are all middle to upper class.

I think a lot of people are just fed up with the current same ol same ol.  Similar to the Trump supporters.  They are will to take a chance on someone who has many flaws but is not part of the establishment.

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

They are willing to take a chance on someone who has many flaws but is not part of the establishment.

There my friend you have it in one

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My wife's brothers are supporting him including the one who is a New Zealand citizen.  And I think my wife's sister in NZ, also a NZ citizen, is supporting him.  Not sure if they can vote if they are NZ citizen??  One brother is educated but probably considered lower class, and the others are all middle to upper class.

I think a lot of people are just fed up with the current same ol same ol.  Similar to the Trump supporters.  They are will to take a chance on someone who has many flaws but is not part of the establishment.

Some people would cut off their nose to spite their face or put another way, "out of the frying pan and into the fire". We have the same problem in the states with Trump, it will be a change. That's a guarantee.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Whilst this is about Leaders, I sit and Wonder if they can speak the Truth any of them.

Not wanting to cross post on other Threads but I see little from any of them about the Current Crisis and Deplorable happenings on Mindanao but For me, should we (The Indigenous People that is) be hearing what their intentions are/would be on this issue ?

Jack :whistling:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Whilst this is about Leaders, I sit and Wonder if they can speak the Truth any of them.

Not wanting to cross post on other Threads but I see little from any of them about the Current Crisis and Deplorable happenings on Mindanao but For me, should we (The Indigenous People that is) be hearing what their intentions are/would be on this issue ?

Jack :whistling:

Morning All:morning1:

You are hearing it Jack. If you are hearing nothing, then nothing is the plan.

• Like 2