Honestly, is this the voice of a leader

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Where I see some hope (if elected) is where this man has said one thing after another and recanted (as was the case with the Pope) when he knew spouting off like he does might cost him many votes. I wonder if downstream he will revisit some of his tough guy words and soften his tone(?). He'll find out a city is in no way ran like an entire country-especially the Philippines.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

EZ build a bigger wall.........Mexico is paying

How would this work with the ones already here? There are many legal immigrants here. All nationalities. :cornflakes:

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Yeah but that was 50 years ago. Its a different world today. People like Duerte and Trump are born 50 years to late. Hopefully idiots wont vote people like that into power.

Only because you are so young do you see it as a different world. As a student of history and quite a bit older than you, I would suggest that it is the same world it has always been. Sometimes they change the lines on the map but there aren't any significant changes to the map itself.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The overall global  problem as I see it, is lack of real leadership.  The good and decent politicians have retired, resigned or been topped. 

This results in poor country economic performance - Australia is a classic example and there is no sign of improvement on the horizon.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Ok, just my 2 centavos on the subject:

First of all, most Filipinos are tired of Aquino administration and the ones preceding him. They want a CHANGE. The only problem is, the CHANGE is going to be from bad to worse. The CURE is worse than the disease. 

Second, the poor and uneducated are the MAJORITY in the Philippines. They are the ones who are blinded by Duterte and think he is the answer.

Third, they are desperate for a strong leader and Duterte "seemingly" to them is a defiant one who will be their hero. 

God Bless The Philipines (help)

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

First of all, most Filipinos are tired of Aquino administration and the ones preceding him. They want a CHANGE. The only problem is, the CHANGE is going to be from bad to worse. The CURE is worse than the disease. 

Second, the poor and uneducated are the MAJORITY in the Philippines. They are the ones who are blinded by Duterte and think he is the answer.

Third, they are desperate for a strong leader and Duterte "seemingly" to them is a defiant one who will be their hero. 

Ed, why are the people poor and uneducated?

Government can't make the general population rich....but they can stand in the way of commerce and development which standing in the way, would lead to a poor population. I think you have just said that the status quo politicians have created the conditions that may be responsible for their ouster. If that is the case, SHOULD they be re-elected?

• Like 4

Nephi
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Exactly right as I see it. Also, you get a person that is going to vote for one person and all their friends vote for the same candidate because of the one friend likes him. Voting decisions here have little to do with knowing the issues or what these people have to offer the country. It comes down to who has the most catchy advert on TV or even the best song that is being played on the political vehicles that drive around everywhere with blaring music. Sad situation as the the freedoms they have in this country are being wasted and will eventually be lost entirely. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, robert k said:

Ed, why are the people poor and uneducated?

Government can't make the general population rich....but they can stand in the way of commerce and development which standing in the way, would lead to a poor population. I think you have just said that the status quo politicians have created the conditions that may be responsible for their ouster. If that is the case, SHOULD they be re-elected?

You are right. The government cannot make them rich. They do not have to be rich but the government could make education easier for them. It is expensive to give children in the Philippines even a high school education. Public schools are poor. If you only knew the condition of them you would be surprised. Private schools are too expensive for poor families. 

So, as I've read the way to control a population is to:

1. keep them poor, 2. keep them ignorant. and 3. keep them busy.

Should they be re-elected, you ask. I think some should be replaced but I don't think Duterte is the answer. 

We could talk about this back and forth but nothing we can do so why bother. 

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

You are right. The government cannot make them rich. They do not have to be rich but the government could make education easier for them. It is expensive to give children in the Philippines even a high school education. Public schools are poor. If you only knew the condition of them you would be surprised. Private schools are too expensive for poor families. 

So, as I've read the way to control a population is to:

1. keep them poor, 2. keep them ignorant. and 3. keep them busy.

Should they be re-elected, you ask. I think some should be replaced but I don't think Duterte is the answer. 

We could talk about this back and forth but nothing we can do so why bother. 

Ed, do know about the schools. My GF had a young'un that I was paying for him to go to school...until GF's mom started diverting the money from the school and they told me the cost had doubled. I'd have given them the money if they had asked. I didn't like that they had repurposed the boy's tuition and then lied to me to get more money to replace it. I saw a limitless future of lies and I bowed out.

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, robert k said:

Ed, do know about the schools. My GF had a young'un that I was paying for him to go to school...until GF's mom started diverting the money from the school and they told me the cost had doubled. I'd have given them the money if they had asked. I didn't like that they had repurposed the boy's tuition and then lied to me to get more money to replace it. I saw a limitless future of lies and I bowed out.

You did the right thing bailing. If they steal from their kids future, then they are just scum. Sad for the kid tho.

Lazy and stupid people vote for leaders like Trump and Duarte and there is plenty of them here. Have you ever seen so meny pawnshops anywhere else in the world? To meny 1 day milioneirs wasting their pay the next day on stupid sh&t only to go to the pawn shop the day after to pawn it.

They blame successful people on most their troubles and see guys like Trump and Duarte as Robin Hoods, to stupid to understand that they are not.

The sad thing about democracy.. Alot of the time you have idiots voting other idiots into power that shouldn't even be supervising a kids birthday party.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1