EU referendum

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Steve right now thousands of people are in London for a "March for Europe" rally.

They certainly don't agree with the way the Referendum was held, the way politicians lied and

mislead people on both sides. One thing is sure, if there was to be another referendum ( I don't think there will be)

My money would be on a vote to remain.

This referendum does not have to be implemented, although it would be a very strong decision whoever becomes the next

Prime Minister.

(Over 4 million people have signed the petition for a 2nd referendum, which was started by a chap who thought the vote might just go the other way to remain!):shades:

You are right John , if there was a vote you would have to look very very hard to make the proper choice,

What got my goat was people from other parts of this planet telling us simple folk we would be doomed if we left Europe, well here is me thinking , whats in it for these folk telling us this, MORE POWER, and there is nothing worst then someone saying bad things about your country no matter how shit is it when they dont even live there , hay ho the sun is shinning and life is good for now

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Robert, call them swing voters if you wish, but now the real consequences of leaving are are being revealed, there are plenty of "Swingers"

wishing  they had had the facts presented properly before the referendum.

Just like the Yorkshire puddings in another Topic. :thumbsup:  The UK will rise again once more, but it will need careful planning and a strong Government, which we don't have right now.

You are right the government at the moment is in a little turmoil, but we shall get there, Its Europe who dont want us to have a strong government working for the people, yes there must be many of us normal folk who has no idea what Europe does for us , we only see and read the bad bits,the only good bits i have read is the clean beaches they have made us act upon , whop i Du, i could have done that, by getting the unemployed in the towns with a plastic bag , all that would have cost is fish and chips all round , a little fun was added there in the last bit

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well you know them Irish, ya gotta go back and give them referendum after referendum until they get the right answer.

H'mmm Dave,

Maybe we should ask the New President of Philippines to hold a referendum, but wait that is a different Referendum, on a different subject, in another country. But let's not open old wounds. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just as a side note.  3 of the European countries that I admire most are not part of the EU.  I refer to Iceland, Norway and Switzerland.  I hope that I can add England to that last one day soon.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The company I work for has a lot of business dealings with GB. This has caused some confusion all employees got an email with an interesting explanation in general terms what exactly has happened and what may take pace in the future. Norway was called out as an example of how England may deal with business contracts in EU and other non EU countries. Nevertheless  life as we all know it will go on. Whatever happens hope for the very best for you guys.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Those people who want a revote had better get it before Northern Ireland holds a reunification referendum or Scotland votes to leave. I'm fairly certain that either one would sink remain.

The EU aspired to be a social and economic empire but an empire is still an empire. When the rot sets in  empires contract. Since every member country can watch in real time, there won't even be the delay that an ancient empire might have had where one side of the empire wouldn't even realize what was happening on the other side. The free stuff crowd are going to sink the EU, with or without Britain.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Poland has requested that the EU does not punish the UK to harshly, with quite alot of Polish people living and working in the UK. Why? Maybe  because  like Philippines it relies on overseas workers financial  help to support the economy.

SorrySnowy 79 Welcome to the forum......

Edited by Kuya John
spelling correction

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Poland has requested that the EU does not punish the UK to harshly, with quite alot of Polish people living and working in the UK. Why? Maybe  because  like Philippines it relies on overseas workers financial  help to support the economy.

Punish us, what a laugh, again i think this country is showing the right way to go, I dont agree on everything we do but watch this space

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know some Dutch,German and French people who feel exactly the same way as the people who voted to leave. They don`t like Brussels telling them what to do and what shape a cucumber has to be. This unchecked refugee crisis is making a lot of people angry all over Europe I think we might see many more countries leave.

• Like 1