Soundproof

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, jimeve said:

looks the same and got the same range. it takes 9v battery.

Neil had one with a 9v battery and neither that or the battery lasted very long. That is why I say get the rechargeable one, which he has had a long time and works fine.

Mick
Posted
Posted

A few home owners here complained to the local Barangay and the home owners association . Week later dog catcher came, no dogs roaming now, so sometimes complaining works, if you have the connections, just get a local or 2 to do it. Seems to be a recurring event though every 12 months, now just the roosters to sort out. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/3/2019 at 11:53 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Look on Amazon for a rechargeable dog barking repellant gadget.I just ordered 1 and have been told it works well.P2850 ish

Kevi cancel your order, I have bought a top of the line one in Aussie,  over $300 made no difference. Even had the system boosted to times 3 still made no different. 

These critters here are feral, my solution here is ear plugs.  Sorry for the dampener and hope yours works...

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Ear plugs are not a good option to give your tenant.  Tenants can move.  I have moved twice because of noise. I know there is nothing to be done to quiet them down. Our problem here is not dogs, but the 'mini-sounds'.  The main reason I do not care to own land here.  Also, why I prefer the city over the province. The city is so much quieter. 

I have been reading up on soundproofing you can do in the construction phase of a house, but most of it is pretty expensive, and they say the  bass boom-boom is the hardest thing to block.  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Kevi cancel your order, I have bought a top of the line one in Aussie,  over $300 made no difference. Even had the system boosted to times 3 still made no different. 

These critters here are feral, my solution here is ear plugs.  Sorry for the dampener and hope yours works...

I take what other people say when I am ordering things and he says his works very well.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I take what other people say when I am ordering things and he says his works very well.

Let me know how well it works Kev.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Ear plugs are not a good option to give your tenant.  Tenants can move.  I have moved twice because of noise. I know there is nothing to be done to quiet them down. Our problem here is not dogs, but the 'mini-sounds'.  The main reason I do not care to own land here.  Also, why I prefer the city over the province. The city is so much quieter. 

I have been reading up on soundproofing you can do in the construction phase of a house, but most of it is pretty expensive, and they say the  bass boom-boom is the hardest thing to block.  

I think he 's got his own, He likes to be near the sea that's why he's renting off me. (diver)

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Going to try and soundproof the windows first on the small house. Got an estimate from a glazer P 6,000 for 8 panels of glass. Will let you know how it works.

My next option, Particle boards on the walls, ceiling not an option it is too heavy. Anyway the roof is double skin and has good insulation, again I will let you know the  outcome.

Next option sell up.:6:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 3/4/2019 at 6:31 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

What is mini sounds please? We have no noise problems except dogs.....Mostly intermittent yapping of Jack Russell. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

.Mostly intermittent yapping of Jack Russell. 

Judge.jpg Not guilty m'lud :hystery: