Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 3/6/2019 at 9:16 PM, RubberChicken said:

We asked a neighbor to shut up her interbred dogs and in response she filed a case against us and lost! Contrary to popular perception the barangay spanked the local.

The times I have been involved with the Barangay I have always found them to be impartial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 9:48 AM, jimeve said:

Muppet next door letting firecrackers off in the afternoon,

I had 10 days of that around Christmas and new year I told them to bugger off so did my wife but after a few days they were back and I was just about to go to them when a neighbour came out and told them to go away as they were not even from our barangay. That did the trick, around here they seem to be quite thoughtful of other people and noise pollution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

@jimeve The unit turned up yesterday ( a day early) I put it on charge and at 3 am this morning the dogs around were barking, but not the dogs next door who were nearest the unit. Does my anti dog barking unit work I would say it does what it states in the description. 

Should work for dogs nearby, but the dogs in the next field are to far away, that's where they start fighting.

Last night they were fighting again, absolutely knackered from lack of sleep, got up 3 times to try and stop them fighting. I find  that shining a flashlight at them stops them temporarily.

Wife won't do anything about it, she says it's the Philippines. FFS.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Should work for dogs nearby, but the dogs in the next field are to far away, that's where they start fighting.

Last night they were fighting again, absolutely knackered from lack of sleep, got up 3 times to try and stop them fighting. I find  that shining a flashlight at them stops them temporarily.

Wife won't do anything about it, she says it's the Philippines. FFS.:571c66d400c8c_1(103):    

I am buying a dog whistle from Shoppee for 192 pesos to see if that helps with the dogs farther away. Jim I will keep you informed of the results.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I am buying a dog whistle from Shoppee for 192 pesos to see if that helps with the dogs farther away. Jim I will keep you informed of the results.

Thanks Kev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim sound proofing your units might help keep your tentants.....sliding windows instead of jealosi type. Another option... Armstrong Accoustic Boards P320 each from City Hardware (no more stock just at present) and use these in the window frames if dog noise gets too much... works well we find.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we remodel we will use double glazed units and shutters rather than bars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, OzeMike said:

Jim sound proofing your units might help keep your tentants.....sliding windows instead of jealosi type. Another option... Armstrong Accoustic Boards P320 each from City Hardware (no more stock just at present) and use these in the window frames if dog noise gets too much... works well we find.

Hi Mike, already got sliding windows just had a glazer put an extra pane of glass on all the windows. Tennants still here.:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

just had a glazer put an extra pane of glass on all the windows.

How does that work?  Does it look good and the glass is still clear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

How does that work?  Does it look good and the glass is still clear?

Secondary glazing as it is called, works very well, though not quite as effective at sound reduction as proper double glazing, which has an inert gas between the panes.  It is as clear as the original window. And it helps with insulation as well.

If you can get proper double glazed windows, they are the preferred option, but they are not very common here in phils.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...