I'm learning

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

I had one person tell me , not two , my gfs familly are not trying to overcharge me , i think her papa does not want the job .

The demand of rent was turned down by my gf , it was greedy farmers who asked for it .

Maybe im making a mistake,  but wtf ,ive had enough of the negativity that keeps getting thrown at me 

Byebye forum 

If you don't like the answers..... don't ask the questions.     Anybody can see that the members here are trying to help you with their vast knowledge of how things work here in the Phils be it good or bad.   If you can find a better forum to help you with your problems then good luck with that!

Byebye to you also.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I had one person tell me , not two , my gfs familly are not trying to overcharge me , i think her papa does not want the job .

The demand of rent was turned down by my gf , it was greedy farmers who asked for it .

Maybe im making a mistake,  but wtf ,ive had enough of the negativity that keeps getting thrown at me 

Byebye forum 

I was told once to “ Pull my neck in “, I am not telling you that but you have given me lots of advice , I will be sorry to see you go.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, stevewool said:

Its great reading what others are doing and have achieved and I wish everyone all the luck in the world , but it all seems like hard work, and lots of STRESS, I am happy with my camera and a view and to watch the world go by for now.

This is exactly the way I feel. The day I move to Philippines I want less stress, not more :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Viking said:

This is exactly the way I feel. The day I move to Philippines I want less stress, not more :thumbsup:

I hoped the same.

Reality is that even the simplest thing here can be complicated due to, in my opinion, a genuine lack of  ownership/responsibility/humility/professionalism and so on.  In time, you lower your expectations and assume everything will be difficult then you'll be OK.

Example - Last Sunday we went to SM and wanted to deposit a couple of bags while we shopped.  The clerk said there was a 1 hour limit.  I asked since when and she said more than a year - we have been depositing our bags there for 4 years with nothing said!   No point in arguing so said OK and went back 3 or 4 hours later to pick up the bags.  No problem.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Viking said:

I only had a basket! I said fine, and then put my goods in an empty cart that was right there. He just gave me a blank stare and then walked away. :laugh:

Attaway to go my Friend :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Viking said:

I am aware  that even the smallest things can get complicated in PH, thats why I intend to keep a very low profile when its time for me to make the move.  For me that means, no land will be bought , no house will be built and no business. I admire those who do it and succeed but for me it is not worth the risk.

I also have an example of Philogic from SM, I was in the line to pay for the groceries in my basket when I see that another line was not as long as mine. I changed line but immediately one of the staff was there and told me that I could not stand in that line because is was only for customers with a cart and I only had a basket! I said fine, and then put my goods in an empty cart that was right there. He just gave me a blank stare and then walked away. :laugh:

You were lucky to find an empty cart nearby - we usually have to hunt around as many of the carts are full of goods that look like they are being dumped or put back on the shelves. 

Honestly speaking, most of my frustration stems from shopping/stores rather than dealing with government departments.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Honestly speaking, most of my frustration stems from shopping/stores rather than dealing with government departments.

:thumbsup: Yes hk I can relate to that at times:smile: