I'm learning

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Don’t think I can offer any water, drilling or piggery advice but I want to join others in saying I have enjoyed many of bj’s post and will welcome him back if he so decides.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'll swim a little against the tide here.

I have to say that as the topic progressed I can understand why BJ would feel negativity - don't get me wrong, I know that was not the intention of the posters but I can see why BJ would see things differently - especially if he was already frustrated by things going on.

What we post isn't always what people read! 

Regardless, I hope BJ continues to contribute. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

To be fair it didn't really need people to keep commenting his girlfriends Dad was trying to rip him off after he already said he'd get more quotes first if he ends up paying for a well.
From what he's said his girlfriends family are middle/upper class, still possible but not as likely they'd try to rip him off as the family of the 25 year old maids/barangay girls a lot of you are after:whistling:.

Not a chance my Wifes relatives would rip me off, they don't want chismis at their rotary club meetings or doctor christmas parties that they ripped off a foreigner lol.

Careful. 'Pride goes before a fall',  or so they say.  :wink:

My poor little ex-maid wife's family, here in the province, have never asked me for a centavo or a 'favor' during the whole of our 8 year-relationship.  They have certainly been a great help to us though. 

• Like 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I think one problem has been a lot of people have been hedging around what they really wanted to say right from the start not wishing to offend. But BJ has been moving far too quickly, he needs to slow down before he really gets burnt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

I think one problem has been a lot of people have been hedging around what they really wanted to say right from the start not wishing to offend. But BJ has been moving far too quickly, he needs to slow down before he really gets burnt.

You don't have to be crazy to try and start a business in the Philippines but it helps! Great place to retire to though.:6: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

My wife's family is middle-class. I've been cheated by them. Mama's biological children are her priority, not the Kano who married one of her daughters. One of her brothers is a drug addict who will do anything for a high or a Red Horse beer.

They will try to cheat you every step of the way until you catch them and cut them off. Long ago I gave my bro in law P100 to put gas in my motor for me. I had been letting him borrow it whenever he needed it. 1 day after he supposedly put the gas in the tank, it registered towards empty again. I'm not as stupid as I look so he never got to borrow it again. I hate being taken advantage of no matter how small the amount of money is.:angry:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
loveiloilo
Posted
Posted

Most foreigners get taken advantage of because they are not assimilated to the country, its people or at least understand the local dialect. They also rely to much on their wives and the wives family to do business for them and most of the time these woman come from poor families with no real "pull" in the communities. Lastly the business ideas are what ever other foreigners tries with vary few succeeding.  Its a recipe for disaster.

I have friends, locals, with large piggeries. I'm talking 500+ heads and in recent months, with the over importation are not making any money the last quarter.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Agree.

So many newbies seem to think they can do things 'better' here.  Need to wind their necks in for a while and LEARN something about the place,  and the people whose country they are a guest in. 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, graham59 said:

So many newbies seem to think they can do things 'better' here.

I like the thought but would ask, anything or any Topic in particular Graham? Your post seems Generalizing :smile: I might add that the OP of this Topic has long gone :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a line Bad of me