Can we really Save the Planet

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I can think of at least one major world government that now seems to follow along the lines of "Catch 22" :whistling:

Yeah... I think many more than just one or two!!! But I will not delve into politics more than that comment, Mike... Save effort for you mods!!!

jimeve
Posted
Posted

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I found this fascinating.

Just finished reading that and I agree... I guess we were both born too soon? I would love to explore the stars or to just learn about what all is out "there!"

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

I can think of at least one major world government that now seems to follow along the lines of "Catch 22"

Would that be a "Me First" World Country? or a Third World Country?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Might start a political discussion, or worse, if I answered.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not going there Dave... Wherever that is!!!

Edited by Tommy T.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 4/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, AusExpat said:

Heinlein also put forward a possible workable system in one of my favourite books - Starship Troopers. Not sure many would agree with it though.

One of my favourite Heinlein books is The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some of you may be interested to take a look at photos and data comparing pre-virus vs. with-virus photos of a number of places around the world? Anyway, here's the link. I find it shocking how polluted we have made the air around us in our day-to-day lives. There has been some online discussion and reports about perhaps trying to keep ongoing pollution lower now? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/amazing-photos-show-how-coronavirus-has-visibly-reduced-the-worlds-pollution/ss-BB13mMdh?li=BBnb7Kz#image=24

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

perhaps trying to keep ongoing pollution lower now?

Yep Tommy I have seen these and others like it. 

All we need to do is garage all cars and trucks until we can all get electric cars. Build enough wind farms and dam up all the rivers for hydro electric plants to power them.

close all the factories until enough nuclear power plants are built to run them.

Oh and get ready to spend six weeks on a sailing ship to visit the great white north again.....no more airliners...…….

:hystery:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, scott h said:

Yep Tommy I have seen these and others like it. 

All we need to do is garage all cars and trucks until we can all get electric cars. Build enough wind farms and dam up all the rivers for hydro electric plants to power them.

close all the factories until enough nuclear power plants are built to run them.

Oh and get ready to spend six weeks on a sailing ship to visit the great white north again.....no more airliners...…….

:hystery:

I hear you Scott... Perhaps you might have posted this in the "Sarcasm" thread?:smile:

1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

trying to keep ongoing pollution lower now

All I am suggesting is that some more efforts might be made to not make as much of a mess as we humans have bee making since the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Perhaps it should be renamed the Pollution Revolution.

There could be, maybe, a sort-of happy medium between 1,000 hp cars and all electric vehicles? A small step at a time over a long time may be enough to make a difference?

Or we can just agree to disagree?:89:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Love it 1