Can we really Save the Planet

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
On 3/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

When this "save the planet" thread started then the 97% were experts in climate change. Now they are experts in microbiology. 

I was going to post something here about the 'consensus' view on Corona virus being similar to the consensus view of climate science, then I thought "why bother".  

All the alarming facts I have seen so far about Corona have been more like worst case extrapolations.  I posted in the other thread, just look at the diamond princess and the island of Hong Kong.  There ought to be bodies piling up everywhere, but its just a handful of deaths.  

To me there is a big difference between saying "lets stop polluting the planet", and "if we don't do X right now, we only have 12 years to save the planet."  I think we can all agree that taking care of the Earth is the right thing to do.  But the alarmist pseudo science just has to stop.  People do love their consensus, though, my goodness.  Lets all agree and all fit into the prevailing viewpoint. :15:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

"if we don't do X right now, we only have 12 years to save the planet."

:hungover_40_anim_gif: My Head Hurts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Fly-tipping is increasing in UK

And you think the pictures you posted are legitimate waste dumps in the Philippines or local "fly tippers"?  Lets post a positive pic of the Philippine trash situation

Image result for segregation solid waste management in the philippines

EDIT:  Point is that people ARE doing something.  It just takes time.  Stay positive.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

:89:

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And you think the pictures you posted are legitimate waste dumps in the Philippines or local "fly tippers"? 

Dave

Did I mention Philippines? nor did I post any pictures of the Philippines.

I have seen many of the small islands in Philippines collecting washed up plastic bottles etc, trying to do their best for the Environment.

I also know that anything that can be recycled in Philippines ususally is!

The places I mentioned have beautiful beaches, EG; Maldives which has beautiful beaches but also an official "Rubbish Island"

......If you are tired of this Thread that's fine....I thought this forum had a open discussion Platform.

Sorry if my input with this thread rattles a few cages, but over 7000 views might tell a different story.

I don't live in Philippines so  that limit's my ability to bring anything to the table, such as current Filipino affairs or News items.

#########################################################################################

PS;  I have probably travelled around Philippines over the years, more than most Filipinos or some Expats for that matter.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

If you are tired of this Thread that's fine

Yep.  I probably am.  I wish there was a way to put a whole thread on ignore.  I've had my say but when the thread pops up I forget that I have had my say (growing old I guess) and then say the same thing again.  I'll have to look at that.  There should be a way to unfollow a thread.

• Haha 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I've had my say but when the thread pops up I forget that I have had my say

Don't worry Dave you got a long way to go before you reach my age...........if this old world keeps turning :hystery:

( My secret is I don't take myself too serious :thumbsup: ) but I can't stand being ignored :hystery:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.  I probably am.  I wish there was a way to put a whole thread on ignore.  I've had my say but when the thread pops up I forget that I have had my say (growing old I guess) and then say the same thing again.  I'll have to look at that.  There should be a way to unfollow a thread.

Just how old are you Dave?   The way to unfollow the thread is to just not click on the subject or don't read the post if it does comes up.  :hystery:   Sorry, the devil made me do it and I could not resist. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Something Positive.......Air Quality

With all these lockdowns and restricted travel for weeks possibly months to come, it will be interesting to see just how much the air quality will improve in the big cities around the world.

Stay safe.........just a thought :tiphat:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

With all these lockdowns and restricted travel for weeks possibly months to come, it will be interesting to see just how much the air quality will improve in the big cities around the world.

Stay safe.........just a thought :tiphat:

A drop in the ocean I'd imagine.  No pun intended.  

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

What a joke. Really? :mellow:

• Hmm thinking 1