Posted
Posted

At least.

• Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Papa Carl said:

We don't need to save the planet, it will survive without us. However we need to save ourselves, we can not survive without our planet.

Quadruple like, in other words we are destroying ourselves by abusing the very thing we depend on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Quadruple like, in other words we are destroying ourselves by abusing the very thing we depend on.

Yep...  As a "civilization," we just don't seem to get it... 25 likes...

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

I'm going to put my pet peeve here.

No plastic shopping bags for us which we actually use to bag garbage, but if I buy a packet of Nestle biscuits I get a plastic wrapper, then there are 4 grouped packages in the original package meaning 4 more plastic wrappers, then oftentimes each individual biscuit is wrapped in plastic. So now I have to buy plastic garbage bags to wrap the 26 pieces of plastic from a major company to have a biscuit with my coffee......

These big International companies need to step up their game and stop blaming consumers - I didn't put micro beads in everything for some sly marketing campaign.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AusExpat said:

These big International companies need to step up their game and stop blaming consumers - I didn't put micro beads in everything for some sly marketing campaign.

Not at all meaning to slight you, Aus... but you did buy that product with all the plastic rubbish attached? I am guilty of that too.

I miss going to the COOP grocery in Seattle, where I brought my own containers for everything from spices to veggies to meats. Sure... it was a bit of a hassle sometimes, but definitely seemed to be worth it. And we're talking 30 years ago or more! Even back then, some people got it! Yeah... and I really dislike when I buy some things that are packaged in three or more layers of "protection" ... drives me nuts! And, sometimes, there just is no choice if you want to buy what you desire...

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Not at all meaning to slight you, Aus... but you did buy that product with all the plastic rubbish attached? I am guilty of that too.

Quite often that is the only way it is offered.  If you want the item - you buy the rubbish.  

But more importantly, the last 2 months have shown us that much of the damage being done is man made, and is reversible.  Air & water is getting cleaner around the world.  Once this is all over, and it all goes back to crap (and it will), it will be almost impossible to deny that we are doing it.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Quite often that is the only way it is offered.  If you want the item - you buy the rubbish.  

You are right on, Tim! Unfortunately...

Check out this article I just came across. It is totally frightening:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-meat-we-eat-is-a-pandemic-risk-too/ar-BB132rDx?li=BBnb7Kz

• Sad 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

You are right on, Tim! Unfortunately...

Check out this article I just came across. It is totally frightening:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-meat-we-eat-is-a-pandemic-risk-too/ar-BB132rDx?li=BBnb7Kz

If you have not seen one you should watch some hidden camera footage of the factory farms in America, they are filthy, absolutely cruel and morally disgusting. It's enough to turn many people vegetarian. That article brought back the memories of watching some of these videos,  it makes me angry to the core - going to go make myself a coffee and take a break.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AusExpat said:

If you have not seen one you should watch some hidden camera footage of the factory farms in America, they are filthy, absolutely cruel and morally disgusting. It's enough to turn many people vegetarian. That article brought back the memories of watching some of these videos,  it makes me angry to the core - going to go make myself a coffee and take a break.

Yeah... I had a friend years ago who had worked for the department of agriculture in USA as a meat inspector. After that job, he became a vegetarian... seriously.

Also... take a gander at the book - Fast Food Nation. It describes, quite graphically, the conditions in meat packing plants. It is totally disgusting. You may never eat ground beef again!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Sad 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Why is China controling the flow of the Mekong river, and possibly intending to dam others too?

The fact that the Mekong flows through three other countries which rely on its benefits to sustain a large part of their populations everyday living, is frightening.

I dread to think that clean water in time to come will be more precious than Gold or Silver.

Our children deserve better than the material world we especially in the west have created. The more we have, the less freedom we have to enjoy it.

There is a series of journey's presented by Simom Reeves "The America's" more recently shown, worth a lockdown viewing

Waking up to yet another beautiful day of sunshine here in UK is getting us through the current situation, have a blessed day, wherever you happen to be. :tiphat:

• Thanks 1