Can we really Save the Planet

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

.  Do you really think there is anyone there who is willing and able to save the planet???

:89: Now here's a thought

Screenshot_2020-01-18 quotes on climate change 2019 - Google Search.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

We can discuss the causes or blame for the climatic changes that are happening right now ,but I think that most people will agree that climate change is taking place 

There is evidence in abundance that this has happened in the past , archaeologists have found many civilizations that have foundered due to natural disasters

How many of us can survive if the sea level rises another meter or two ? Do we start building houses on stilts ? What about food ? Some kids and adults think that food only comes in packets , whilst I appreciate that there are many ex military on here , we have come so far from the food source that 95% of people could not even successfully plant a potato 

As the earth warms up will we be able to utilise former frozen wasteland to grow food ? 

The economic problems alone are frightening,  the west will loose its number 1 financial spot 

When I look at my grandaughter I wonder what she will have to deal with .

I for one have more questions than answers 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

I think that most people will agree that climate change is taking place 

That's a fact.

• Like 2

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
On 1/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I mean take a look at the leadership of the world.  Do you really think there is anyone there who is willing and able to save the planet???

They are just brilliant enough to panic the masses and then milk them of all their money to save the world. 

People have such short memories.  As I've stated earlier, every 10 years or so there is a new panic that is going to wipe us all out.  The fact those orgs blaming C02 when they don't have a clue how it works is pretty telling.  Theories, trends, statistics, etc. but they will look at you with a straight face and claim we only have 11 years left to save the planet.  In the end, the problem is YOU, little people.  You breathe too much, you eat too much, you consume too much.  You need to be confined in dense cities and only given bicycles to ride, so the earth can be wide open spaces for our overlords.  Don't worry, they'll be happy to tell ya what to eat, what to think, how to act, and whom to please for your good social credit score. :cheers:

Meanwhile, I'll be living in the Philippines and loving it!     

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I saw this today:

$.jpg

Somehow it seemed appropriate. Good luck, Planet Earth!

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I saw this today:

$.jpg

Somehow it seemed appropriate. Good luck, Planet Earth!

Catch and release in the Philippines = catch a fish, release a plastic bag. :whistling:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

TL;DR

Making an appearance to register displeasure with those who say China is the biggest culprit and they are not doing anything about it , so why should we?

Suppose we were all on a sinking boat and the Chinese people refused to help with bailing. Would it be smart for us to stop bailing? Climate change is a similar situation. We should all do what we can.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

Making an appearance to register displeasure with those who say China is the biggest culprit and they are not doing anything about it , so why should we?

Suppose we were all on a sinking boat and the Chinese people refused to help with bailing. Would it be smart for us to stop bailing? Climate change is a similar situation. We should all do what we can.

Exactly. We should be in the vanguard (USA and other western and European cultures). China and India and other countries are just catching up to our wastefulness and overuse of resources and energy that we have expended for over a century. Some of us are just now realizing the damage we have done before and are now continuing to cause. So we need to be the leaders to reverse the trend. But that is not politically or commercially popular... so we will just continue on our way... I feel sad for those of you with kids and grand kids... and their futures...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

With so many rumours spreading on social media regarding the source of Corona-virus.

What has surfaced from all this is, when a crisis happens that could affect the whole world, nations pull together.

Until World Leaders take the same responsible attitude with Climate Change, there will be  consequences.

It's true that the Rich with their affordable incomes will not feel the effects of Climate Change for quite some time,

while those less fortunate will struggle to survive.

However when the air that we all breathe becomes so polluted,

When the seas no longer provide enough fish to feed the hungry, when what trees are left cannot produce enough oxygen,

it might be a little to late to say we told you so!

A high percentage of the food we produce at present, and don't consume goes to waste .If we the more fortunate, did our bit by cutting down on our materialistic needs and make a conscious effort to........

"Live simple so others may simple live"  it's a start in the right direction. :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John
spelling correction
  • Like 3