Can we really Save the Planet

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Why is China controling the flow of the Mekong river,

Because they can,,,,,,,,who is going to stop them? 

Just like they have continued to build bases in the WPS

• Sad 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Sorry to say this to you Kuya and others... but water is the the next crisis for us all   I have predicted this to a few before and now see this as the future... I am so sad to see this....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Yep...  As a "civilization," we just don't seem to get it... 25 likes...

What is worse about this, is that people and Governments want to do the same to other planets! Simply for profit, the moon, and mars is littered with Gold, platinum and other precious metals we are running out of here on Earth. We need to learn how to live on this planet before going to another. Some might believe that the earth creates things like Pandemics to get rid of a few humans who are destroying the earth, so controlling the population of the earth in much the same way people do with wars to do the same.

Just my opinion,

Papa Carl

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Papa Carl said:

Some might believe that the earth creates things like Pandemics to get rid of a few humans who are destroying the earth, so controlling the population of the earth in much the same way people do with wars to do the same.

Just my opinion,

I do not think you are wrong, Papa... Sadly...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Back to the original post and title... Can we save this Planet?

I think the answer is a resounding YES!

However... will we save it? I think the unfortunate answer is a resounding, " NO!"

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Because they can,,,,,,,,who is going to stop them? 

Just like they have continued to build bases in the WPS

That's a great answer Scott,

Well do we surrender now or later, or just wait till they control the Worlds economy and we all speak Chinese ?

Maybe history has the answer, every Empire has fallen. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Papa Carl said:

What is worse about this, is that people and Governments want to do the same to other planets! Simply for profit, the moon, and mars is littered with Gold, platinum and other precious metals we are running out of here on Earth. We need to learn how to live on this planet before going to another. Some might believe that the earth creates things like Pandemics to get rid of a few humans who are destroying the earth, so controlling the population of the earth in much the same way people do with wars to do the same.

Just my opinion,

Papa Carl

Being an avid Isaac Asimov reader as a teen I really think we need to get off a single planet and move into space - redirect our energies from petty border disputes and the current constant war machine but I do agree the current systems on Earth are unsustainable. The multinationals and the big banks who profit from the constant destruction are mostly to blame but where are the people stopping them???

Asimov argues in the Foundation series that the best and brightest move to new colonies to get away from the current systems (ie America) and new systems can be tried. Unfortunately we in the West seem to have fallen into the system that Ayn Rand warned us about in "Atlas Shrugged" while the Communist systems followed the "some animals are more equal than others" blueprint from George Orwells "Animal Farm". :sad:

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

gues in the Foundation series that the best and brightest move to new colonies to get away from the current systems (ie America) and new systems can be tried. Unfortunately we in the West seem to have fallen into the system that Ayn Rand warned us about in "Atlas Shrugged" while the Communist systems followed the "some naimals are more equal than others" blueprint from George Orwells "Animal Farm". :sad:

Edited by AusExpat

And you are forgetting George Orwell's 1984? Which appears to be the reality in some nations since 40 years or more ago?

There's a lot to be said about literature and "fiction?"

Personally I like Robert E. Heinliein's version of the future... But who would Lazarus Long be? Edmund Musk?:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

And you are forgetting George Orwell's 1984? Which appears to be the reality in some nations since 40 years or more ago?

There's a lot to be said about literature and "fiction?"

Personally I like Robert E. Heinliein's version of the future... But who would Lazarus Long be? Edmund Musk?:shock_40_anim_gif:

Heinlein also put forward a possible workable system in one of my favourite books - Starship Troopers. Not sure many would agree with it though.

As to 1984, Wikileaks seems to have changed the external dates for all their downloadable archives to 1984, theri way of saying something I guess.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I can think of at least one major world government that now seems to follow along the lines of "Catch 22" :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2