Can we really Save the Planet

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I think Jake is responsible for most of the global warming caused by humans. Just imagine how much global warming methane gas he emits! Just put a cork in it Jake and save the planet!:hystery:

• Haha 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, earthdome said:

I think Jake is responsible for most of the global warming caused by humans. Just imagine how much global warming methane gas he emits! Just put a cork in it Jake and save the planet!:hystery:

HA!  Bay-lib it or nut......I have tried the cork method.  The built up gases combined with my burps caused a massive chain reaction.  And it's a runaway of expelling gases that should be classified as alien origin....he, he.

• Haha 4

Robi
Posted
Posted

Well one thing that i have learned is not to buy beachfront property at low tide.

• Like 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

"Can we really Save the Planet [?]"

Of course we can, but saving mankind from global warming is a whole other question.

The Earth survived a massive meteor impact (with global firestorms) that destroyed the dinosaurs, so the Earth will survive after mankind self-destructs,

• Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack D said:

"Can we really Save the Planet [?]"

Of course we can, but saving mankind from global warming is a whole other question.

The Earth survived a massive meteor impact (with global firestorms) that destroyed the dinosaurs, so the Earth will survive after mankind self-destructs,

Actually we can't. Humans won't be on this planet long before the sun dies in about 5 billion years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted

True! Nothing in our universe lives forever.

Animals (such as dinosaurs) go extinct and are replaced by other life forms (such as humans). 

Stars and planets (such as our sun and Earth) will also die, but they will be replaced by new stars and new planets.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack D said:

True! Nothing in our universe lives forever.

Animals (such as dinosaurs) go extinct and are replaced by other life forms (such as humans). 

Stars and planets (such as our sun and Earth) will also die, but they will be replaced by new stars and new planets.

Life, death then renewal... Until the universe either expands to the point of being forever cold and dead or it collapses again on itself and starts over? Well, should humanity survive the next few million or billion years (assuming we can survive the next 100?) it will be interesting to observe and participate... Afraid I will miss it, though...

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Our planet is still coming out of an ice age. Believe it or not. Inter - Glacial time. So the world is getting warmer, the ice sheets are melting, Glaciers are disappearing. Humans can only slow the planet from getting warmer. 

How did the ice age end? | AMNH

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Our planet is still coming out of an ice age. Believe it or not. Inter - Glacial time. So the world is getting warmer, the ice sheets are melting, Glaciers are disappearing. Humans can only slow the planet from getting warmer. 

Maybe... Maybe not....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Life, death then renewal... Until the universe either expands to the point of being forever cold and dead or it collapses again on itself and starts over? Well, should humanity survive the next few million or billion years (assuming we can survive the next 100?) it will be interesting to observe and participate... Afraid I will miss it, though...

There will be other species of humans long before 100 million years, maybe more intelligent without religion/wars.

• Hmm thinking 1