Price comparison UK to Philippines

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jim was talking about Noise being 5 km away not the transformer, that was almost next door I believe

Correct Jack, my transformer is 60 meters away. the noise from the rock/disco whatever you want to call it could be heard 5 kilometers away. Though I never got a tape measure out to verify this :hystery:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Back on topic be curious what others pay for unlimited internet (7down 1 up) plus cable TV.

Just paid yesterday P1700.

We pay 1299php for 10mbps with a limit of 100gb a month - we usually top up another 50gb for 100php.  Cignal is 1490 for the 3rd highest plan, including 500php for EPL football.  So, a total of around 2,800php a month for both.  I'm reasonably happy with the service provided by both providers, Cignal in particular. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

, including 500php for EPL football.

hk, 500 php for EPL football... can you choose which month to have it, or does it stay on your contract?

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, jimeve said:

hk, 500 php for EPL football... can you choose which month to have it, or does it stay on your contract?

Jim,  it's not part of any of the packages and is sold as a stand-alone BUT you have to be subscribing to one of the standard packages.  So, it's not covered by the contract - I asked about cancelling and they said no problem to stop anytime you wish but there may be a notice period of 1 month IIRC.  The 500php covers all 3 Bein channels so is good value I think - only Bein 3 is in HD but the main game is always shown on Bein 3 as well as others on Bein 1 or 2.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Jim,  it's not part of any of the packages and is sold as a stand-alone BUT you have to be subscribing to one of the standard packages.  So, it's not covered by the contract - I asked about cancelling and they said no problem to stop anytime you wish but there may be a notice period of 1 month IIRC.  The 500php covers all 3 Bein channels so is good value I think - only Bein 3 is in HD but the main game is always shown on Bein 3 as well as others on Bein 1 or 2.

I have one of the packages that supports the Bein addons, I'm going to subscribe to the Bein channels. Last season I was Getting Bein streaming for 300 pesos but had to go into town to pay, bit of a drag, could have paid for the full season but now I am going with cignal. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Can we get back on topic now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 7/4/2019 at 6:53 AM, sonjack2847 said:

who was that with Bruce? I pay 1899 for unlimited and if I want cignal tv it is another 200 ish.

Our Parasat gives us unlimited internet and full cable includes Fox sports 1,2 and all major channels Kevi.

The service is amazing, they made me a booster so wi fi will go from router to booster plus another 200 meters for our air bnb units. Would not take a centavo for this, if ever a problem they are here soon after I text them.   hard to believe but true. Outstanding.

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

forgot to mention, much cheaper that the UK. lol

Edited by jimeve
smeling miscake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Kev; It's cheaper to live in the Philippines, provided you like Fish, Pork and Rice,

Asda price....Sea Bass fillets=£16;50p - 1Kg

Pork=£4.11p -1Kg

Lamb= £15;03p for 2.15Kg leg of  Lamb

Rice= £17.00=10kg sack

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Kev; It's cheaper to live in the Philippines, provided you like Fish, Pork and Rice,

Asda price....Sea Bass fillets=£16;50p - 1Kg

Pork=£4.11p -1Kg

Lamb= £15;03p for 2.15Kg leg of  Lamb

Rice= £17.00=10kg sack

Tesco long grain rice 45p per kilo boss, cheaper than the Philippines:wink: