Price comparison UK to Philippines

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, jimeve said:

In my younger days, I would stagger out of the pub call at the chippy for fish and chips plenty of salt and vinegar, eating them as I walk home in the cold drizzle. Those were the days my friends. 

Preferred the kebab van myself lol

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

poor guy was quite green in palour

Sort of a waste of fish? And then you had to clean the side of your boat? I hope he puked over the lee side and not the windward side? hehehe...

• Love it 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Hi baston... Hopefully it was the seas and not the fish and chips or your sailing skills that made him sick???

It was the sea state ,but in all fairness i should not have gone out , its a shallow sea and it dont half get bumpy, i stayed out for one tide then i returned to port

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bastonjock said:

It was the sea state ,but in all fairness i should not have gone out , its a shallow sea and it dont half get bumpy, i stayed out for one tide then i returned to port

Hmmm... Assuming you are a Brit... You have a reputation for going out in nasty conditions and somehow coming out smelling like roses... And your shown country of birth is Scotland? You are, I think, reknown for being even a bit crazier and stouter than your basic Englishman? I hope this does not alienate anyone here... That's just my opinion from things I have seen and read...

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmmm... Assuming you are a Brit... You have a reputation for going out in nasty conditions and somehow coming out smelling like roses... And your shown country of birth is Scotland? You are, I think, reknown for being even a bit crazier and stouter than your basic Englishman? I hope this does not alienate anyone here... That's just my opinion from things I have seen and read...

Yes im Scottish and yes i have a crazy streak lol 

As for Canada   , i was at the Menin gate to watch the Canadian armed forces commemorating vimmy ridge,  canadian TV interviewed me to ask why i was there , my grandfather lost two cousins at vimmy ridge 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

As for Canada   , i was at the Menin gate to watch the Canadian armed forces commemorating vimmy ridge,  canadian TV interviewed me to ask why i was there , my grandfather lost two cousins at vimmy ridge 

And I am so sorry, but I am ignorant about the battle at Vimy Ridge. I am Canadian by birth, but parents are American. My knowledge about World War I is rather limited, compared to World War II where my dad served and I have read so much...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Just recently got back from Shakespeare Country, beautiful villages and places to visit, but the more you travel towards the south of England, the more expensive food and drink becomes especially eating in bars and restaurants.

And I assume that is with your lovely wife? Nice! Thanks for the pics!!! Beautiful place and home to so much culture!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Just recently got back from Shakespeare Country, beautiful villages and places to visit, but the more you travel towards the south of England, the more expensive food and drink becomes especially eating in bars and restaurants.

And that's straight from the horses mouth

Its been a long time since i was in Stratford, its a beautiful part of the world 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Cambridge is beautiful especially around the university area   i live not far away close to Huntington 

For the last 13 years in the UK  I lived in Somersham. Where near Huntingdon do you live?