Price comparison UK to Philippines

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, virginprune said:

If you eat them at the coast the at a sit down place the traditional brew would be a pot of tea. Also bread and butter to make chip butties.

I see... Thanks for that! I had that one great treat in Cambridge while on a brief visit. Then I went to a pub, ordered a pint and watched some locals play darts between beer gulps. The amazing thing, to me, was that; I went in, sober as a judge and was delivered my pint with the beer level actually above the rim - due to surface tension, I presume? I picked it up and spilled a fair bit before I met mug to lips and quaffed. The locals were already half wasted and swaggering around with their full mugs... yet did any of them spill? Not even a drop! I was a bit embarrassed...

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

I walk home in the cold drizzle.

I remember the cold drizzle too... Not so dissimilar to Seattle...

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

Those were the days my friends. 

Laugh icon.jpg Younger days LOL, Jim if we were allowed on the Streets of Bolton together we would still do it :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I see... Thanks for that! I had that one great treat in Cambridge while on a brief visit. 

I lived in Cambridge for many years, lots of fond memories, some not so!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

Of course... that's the way life has been for me - sort of like a rollercoaster at times - big ups and downs. But I guess I prefer this ride rather than the alternative?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

What an incredible place to be - the history there and in much of England was tangible. The architecture was amazing, the people friendly to this foreign visitor kid at that time...

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

And what I really remember (I can taste it in my mind's stomach even now) is that it was a bit greasy, but very tasty and I was very hungry.

I took a USAF colonel sailing off the east coast of England, he wanted.fish and chips before we went out ,anyhow two hours of a short choppy sea ( force 6 ) and he was puking over the side of the boat , poor guy was quite green in palour

• Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Cambridge is beautiful especially around the university area   i live not far away close to Huntington 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, bastonjock said:

I took a USAF colonel sailing off the east coast of England, he wanted.fish and chips before we went out ,anyhow two hours of a short choppy sea ( force 6 ) and he was puking over the side of the boat , poor guy was quite green in palour

Hi baston... Hopefully it was the seas and not the fish and chips or your sailing skills that made him sick???