Would you do it all again?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the reply Mike, if I could find a place with a view like that I would have found my paradise, but my worries would be what would I see if I turned around, only joking .

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

The house overlooks the water. The property boundary is basically the high tide line, so we don't have to worry about ever losing the view.   The photo with blue tint is looking South, you can just see Badian Island on right side of picture.  The photo with the lavender tint is looking to the southwest, and the distant land is the island of Negros.  About 50 meters offshore there is a coral wall where you can view colorful fish, coral, and sea turtles.  There is just something about living on the water that calms the soul, relieves stress, and makes a person thankful.   It also provides a great place to host groups of youth for our ministry "Philippine Blessings of Hope".  We have also been privileged to host numerous visiting clergy and also missionaries from all around the globe.

Sunset over water.jpg

Tungo Point Sunset.jpg

What a fantastic view. Jealous. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We are not there yet and while it’s going to be a new adventure for us we will not close the door on our life here just yet.

Emma has been left the Philippines for 10 years now and her life has completely changed from what she had and growing up over there, we laugh and joke about what we could do once there and deep down I know all she wants is to take care of her father in the house that we shall share , now that’s going to be different for me and my life and I am sure it will be too for Emma , so remember to ask me this time next year on what’s it like .

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm a relative newbie here.  Just over 3 years and still going through the honeymoon period. 

Sure there's plenty of things to frustrate someone here but rather than fly home I just up sticks and move to a new area.  

If I can last just over a year in each place I think by the time I'm 80 I'll have seen it and done it all anyway.  

If you move back to the West so much will have changed and from my perspective for the worst.  I couldn't afford to jump from town to town in the West. 

• Like 5

Jack D
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I believe each reason by itself may be trivial, but the sum total may be enough to drive a man to drink.

I could have given a much longer list that included the sum total of everything that you've mentioned, but you're right, since it did drive me to drink, but in the end I just decided to leave and go home.

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I believe each reason by itself may be trivial, but the sum total may be enough to drive a man to drink.

I'l drink to that Dave :shooter:

• Haha 5