Posted
9 hours ago, "P2" said:

Roger that...

Rodger who? :89:

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, jimeve said:

Most expats have their pet hates about the Phils. Mine is that over loud techno music or whatever you wish to call it... I call it overloud mucho crapo. 

Honesty, it makes  my blood boil, Oh and barking dogs that are close by and won't shut up. The rest I can tolerate, I think! 

We all experience some of the above, seems to me the OP just had to many. As another poster said, depends on where your living.

Like Jim we experience the barking dogs, fortunately not all the time like before. Disco music would be a perhaps the worst with the way base is played. 

There are ways to mitigate some of the nuances  like today we received the electric bill, if we pay tomorrow no lines, wait another couple of days....bring a book. ATM Withdrawal night time, little things  can make life easier.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, RBM said:

There are ways to mitigate some of the nuances  like today we received the electric bill, if we pay tomorrow no lines, wait another couple of days....bring a book. ATM Withdrawal night time, little things  can make life easier.

I have not yet availed this, but I believe power, water, internet and cable can now be paid online? I still live in an apartment, but when the house is done I want to pay everything possible online. I have done that for years for things in USA (insurance, taxes, fees, etc.). I see that the Philippines seems to be slowly heading in that direction finally - online for shopping and paying fees.

This is in Davao, so I cannot say how or if this works elsewhere.

Interestingly, the dogs have gotten fairly quiet here lately. There was a pack of 5 or more cruising around with one central female (bitch in heat) and four or five suitors. They howled and barked and raided people's garbage (unwisely just placed in plastic bags on sidewalks and not in bins... where are their minds???). Then they virtually disappeared except for one or two that I know are local.

Motorcycles are quieter and fewer. I really think maybe someone has complained or maybe the local barangay took some action?

All I know, is that this place is much quieter than just two weeks ago and it is very nice. I don't have to play Stevie Ray Vaughan so often at high volume to drown it all out. The new house will be in a "currently" very quiet, rural setting. I hope that lasts a while...

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I have not yet availed this, but I believe power, water, internet and cable can now be paid online?

Depends on where you are your provider. I pay bills from Unionbank online directly. Buy my load there too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, Tommy T. said:

I have not yet availed this, but I believe power, water, internet and cable can now be paid online? I still live in an apartment, but when the house is done I want to pay everything possible online. I have done that for years for things in USA (insurance, taxes, fees, etc.). I see that the Philippines seems to be slowly heading in that direction finally - online for shopping and paying fees.

This is in Davao, so I cannot say how or if this works elsewhere.

Interestingly, the dogs have gotten fairly quiet here lately. There was a pack of 5 or more cruising around with one central female (bitch in heat) and four or five suitors. They howled and barked and raided people's garbage (unwisely just placed in plastic bags on sidewalks and not in bins... where are their minds???). Then they virtually disappeared except for one or two that I know are local.

Motorcycles are quieter and fewer. I really think maybe someone has complained or maybe the local barangay took some action?

All I know, is that this place is much quieter than just two weeks ago and it is very nice. I don't have to play Stevie Ray Vaughan so often at high volume to drown it all out. The new house will be in a "currently" very quiet, rural setting. I hope that lasts a while...

What I recently learned Tommy after being shocked at the crowd when going to pay was this.

Most if not all save more shops one can pay numerous accounts, thank God including electric....Saved me countless hours waiting time.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Most if not all save more shops one can pay numerous accounts, thank God including electric....Saved me countless hours waiting time.

Thanks, RBM for the info. I will try the Save More next time.

I was going to the local SM City mall to pay electric, but Davao Light - in their infinite wisdom - closed the local payment office and opened another right in the middle of the city! Yuck. Suddenly the line at the service counter here were 1/2 hour long and counting and they only had one staff cashier where there was room for three! What? But L just told me about another new office, so I will try there. Once the house is complete and we can have all utilities in our name, then we can try what JGF said and use a bank to pay online and avoid the lines...

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2019 at 5:17 AM, scott h said:

However you don't even mention the ants, termites, geckos, barking dogs, or pigs and chickens in the front yards of subdivisions. 

I love ALL of them..they have become my friends over the years. Especially the geckos, they are so cute!!:biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks, RBM for the info. I will try the Save More next time.

I was going to the local SM City mall to pay electric, but Davao Light - in their infinite wisdom - closed the local payment office and opened another right in the middle of the city! Yuck. Suddenly the line at the service counter here were 1/2 hour long and counting and they only had one staff cashier where there was room for three! What? But L just told me about another new office, so I will try there. Once the house is complete and we can have all utilities in our name, then we can try what JGF said and use a bank to pay online and avoid the lines...

Here in Cavite you can pay all of your bills in one place. It's called a Bayon  center. I'm surprised they don't have it where you live.:smile: