Building a Home in Davao

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

An add-on here...

The cabinet maker just installed my tool cabinet. I don't think he left 1 mm between the doors. He is very exacting. I honestly don't recall seeing as qualified a cabinet maker anywhere before... in USA or elsewhere...

This man is a true craftsman... and he is proud to show it...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

You struck lucky there mate. Nice one. 

I hope the guys who are going to transform this lot into a steel staircase (up to my roof terrace) are as competent. Wood I can fix. Welding... not so much.   :unsure:

Stairs steel.jpg

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I honestly don't recall seeing as qualified a cabinet maker anywhere before... in USA or elsewhere...

This man is a true craftsman... and he is proud to show it...

Fine Tom but when the Wood warps and things get distorted you may well regret saying this :tiphat: It looks good now but................... :wink:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Fine Tom but when the Wood warps and things get distorted you may well regret saying this :tiphat: It looks good now but................... :wink:

Let's think positive and hopefully that young mans craftsmanship will last many years.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

Let's think positive and hopefully that young mans craftsmanship will last many years.

It is a positive Post Dan, I have been here long enough to know that wood warps especially outside, I think you have missed the point about all Toms work/workers were the best Until.. and this started with his great Contractor ! Bad Materials makes a Bad job, in the end and Tom is always talking Budget restraints,

Sorry Tom. I am not having a Bash at you on this but the end,  time end result, End of :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Still, let's hope in this case things will go right. :no:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Old55 said:

Still, let's hope in this case things will go right. :no:

I as with others  hope it will and last longer than 6 months to a year or we will hear shouts about  of Bad work I for one am sure which it seems, is perfect for Tom Now, this was my initial thought, we will see :tiphat:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I as with others  hope it will and last longer than 6 months to a year or we will hear shouts about  of Bad work I for one am sure which it seems, is perfect for Tom Now, this was my initial thought, we will see :tiphat:

Yep, never a dull moment in da Philippines. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• I'm Confused 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Depends if the wood has had time to dry-out properly. Good or bad carpenter. Time will tell.

• Like 1