Building a Home in Davao

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Hmmm...the kitchen cabinets.... There was a hassle with these since many of the surfaces had a pink laminate. PINK!!!!!!

<SNIP>

All the gate closer machinery I see at the stores

I can't help with a gate motor but I can give you the details for a remote to use with the gate... :whistling:

gate remote.JPG

Edited by GeoffH
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

All the gate closer machinery I see at the stores is for swing gates. I know these exist, but am not sure where to find these.

Tommy, I installed openers on my swing gates and found the best buys on my go to site,...Lazada.  I did a quick search and found these.....  https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?q=sliding+gate+opener&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4l.home.search.go.239e359d3c0seN

You are getting there and looking good.:tiphat:

• Thanks 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Do you have a YouTube channel chronicling your home build?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Do you have a YouTube channel chronicling your home build?

No... We are not interested in You Tube and just don't have the talent to do a good job with video either... I guess we are hopelessly old fashioned? I hear a lot of things about You Tube. Supposedly, with our new fiber optic internet connection sporting close to 30 mbs we could avail ourselves of this? But I already think there is too much info out online now... I am hoping to just show our progress and perhaps assist anyone attempting a similar project here. 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

perhaps assist anyone attempting a similar project here. 

As many here did with you EH" Tom :tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, intrepid said:

Tommy, I installed openers on my swing gates and found the best buys on my go to site,...Lazada.  I did a quick search and found these.....  https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?q=sliding+gate+opener&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4l.home.search.go.239e359d3c0seN

You are getting there and looking good.:tiphat:

Thanks, Intrepid... I hope the home is looking good and not just me?:6:

Thanks for the link. I am a bit leery of buying something like a gate motor at Lazada, mainly in case there is an issue requiring service? But, at least I see there are products available. Those prices looked very reasonable to me...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

As many here did with you EH" Tom :tiphat:

Yes, Jack, absolutely! I have received so many really good suggestions here on this forum that I don't know where to start thanking all the members!

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks, Intrepid... I hope the home is looking good and not just me?:6:

Thanks for the link. I am a bit leery of buying something like a gate motor at Lazada, mainly in case there is an issue requiring service? But, at least I see there are products available. Those prices looked very reasonable to me...

The Home Depot in Pampanga has a lot of power door equipment and might have power gate options, if you happen to have one in your area.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

The Home Depot in Pampanga has a lot of power door equipment and might have power gate options, if you happen to have one in your area.

Thanks, OMW... I have not seen one here, but that doesn't mean there isn't one... I will check online... 

So far, what I saw in Citi Hardware and Wilcon was only motors for swing gates... So I will keep looking...