Building a Home in Davao

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Another good investment is an invertor fridge.  It'll pay for the price difference in under 5 yrs but last twice as long as a non invertor and it's also a lot quieter when the compressor kicks in.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Another good investment is an invertor fridge.  It'll pay for the price difference in under 5 yrs but last twice as long as a non invertor and it's also a lot quieter when the compressor kicks in.

Good reminder Snowy. Our family is in need of a new fridge. We are looking at having a Panasonic aircon installed when we visit the family home as well. This is useful for us to learn by.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Yeah...agreed. We bought a Panasonic inverter fridge and it is brilliant - I mean cool... It works great and is very quiet too.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Agree completely.  We have two refrigerators and my wife noticed a reduction in the electric bill as each was replaced with the inverter type.  And the reduced noise is really welcome.  One is an LG and the other is Samsung, both have a 10 year warranty on the compressor. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 1/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, hk blues said:

Jack, I agree that it's hardly surprising they've lost their spirt but I doubt if the criticism from outside is a significant factor - more likeky the decades of corruption and poor government at all levels.

This just must be a factor, father of my partner needs minor operation, was told by the provincial  hospital they will not accept Phill Health as do not receive payments.

This has been a major insurance for the vast majority, ruined by a few super greedy at the top from what I have read, many of whom are still in control.  How can one possibly keep up spirits in such a situation.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Life is getting better and better out here!

Triple LIKE Tommy!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice Tommy looks good. lets hope they continue to face speakers away how ever we both know this will sadly most likely change in the future, still I am sure some music of your own will solve the problem, just enough to drown it out.

Pleased your growing chives, I love it on the brown wholemeal bread my partner bakes, just cut it up fine (she uses scissors) and spread it thickly on butter bread. Yum Yum.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

So, I have a question for the group...

We run the air/con in the bedroom at night. Sometimes we run it in the living room if it is really hot.

We find that the walls in the rooms or even outside often "sweat..." the warm, humid, outside air condenses on the walls inside and outside and sometimes is so much that excess runs down the walls onto the floors. I am sure that part of the reason is that it is still rainy season here (rains almost every day or night or both) and that the surrounds are orchard trees.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can offer any suggestions to reduce or eliminate this? Of course, the obvious is to not use the air/con... I have tried setting the air/con to "dry" at a fairly warm temperature, and that seems to help a bit, but we also want fresh air.

I have also tried just opening up the air/conned room(s) during the day so that ambient air circulates. This has also helped a bit.

I guess that I am also thinking of some of the hotels where L and I have stayed where there is no condensation on the walls, even when we ran the air/con very cold... So I wonder why this does not also occur there?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, RBM said:

Nice Tommy looks good. lets hope they continue to face speakers away how ever we both know this will sadly most likely change in the future, still I am sure some music of your own will solve the problem, just enough to drown it out.

L had a good thought the other day. We wanted to clean up the area outside the home compound where the contractors left lots of rubbish... So she suggested we ask the "noisy" neighbour to take care of it and we would pay the teenagers to do that... They were delighted to help and get some money for it. The area is now really clean and neat and we, too, are totally delighted.

During the clean-up, L subtlety suggested that the "music" was sometimes a bit loud from their house (she is a friend and co-teacher of one of the family there). Since then, the music is much more muted and does not go all day like before with the boom-boom-boom of their noise... 

As you say, RBM, it may not last, but it is a step in the right direction...??? 

• Like 3