Mindanao earthquake

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Two Earthquakes last night in Valencia, Negros Oriental. 3.8 and 3.6. 01:31 and 04:05  hours.

We felt that here in Dauin Jim, was just falling asleep and the shake woke me, agreed it was about 01.30am.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

was just falling asleep and the shake woke me, agreed it was about 01.30am.

:hystery: Bit early for you to be nodding off My friend :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a word
  • Haha 3

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Bit early for you to be nodding off My friend :whistling:

After staggering in with the missus at 5am on Sunday morning Jack, I needed an early night, lol.

Edited by Eddie1
Spelling.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

the shake woke me

The earthquake did not wake me but the missus shaking me in panic and shouting "earthquake" woke me for a minute.  Bed wasn't shaking so rolled over and went back to sleep.  She is always worried the huge mirror on the wall will break loose in an earthquake and kill us in out sleep.  Anything is possible but it does not stop me from a good night's sleep.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We felt last night's Bukidnon quake here.

It started weak and mild and increased to a fairly modest rolling and bouncing to us and lasted less than one minute. It did not have the strength or jolting feeling of those last three 6+ earthquakes. Philvolcs says 5.9 at 21:22 near Kadingilan with a whole slew of aftershocks from 1.7 up to 3.8 with most around 2-3. We think it felt closer to about 5 or so here and, so far, only felt an aftershock about 1/2 hour later at 3.8.

Hope everyone is okay and that there is no damage.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

We felt last night's Bukidnon quake here.

It started weak and mild and increased to a fairly modest rolling and bouncing to us and lasted less than one minute. It did not have the strength or jolting feeling of those last three 6+ earthquakes. Philvolcs says 5.9 at 21:22 near Kadingilan with a whole slew of aftershocks from 1.7 up to 3.8 with most around 2-3. We think it felt closer to about 5 or so here and, so far, only felt an aftershock about 1/2 hour later at 3.8.

Hope everyone is okay and that there is no damage.

Gf has told me that her walls now have cracks in them after last night

Her son is missing some classes at school because part of the school has been damaged a Calanan grande 

Edited by bastonjock

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that. Is that at your place near Mintal?

I was already planning on going to the home site this morning. I don't think there will be damage, but you never know how it felt there vs. 15 kms. away here in the city.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Stay safe everyone.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some of the family said it felt very strong at their house at DeMalina, whole house swaying but the only obvious physical damage was to some fiberboard where coconuts fell through a veranda surround.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1